New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What do these abnormal values mean ?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Dechi, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg I had some blood and urine tests done a few times and everyone was telling me everything is normal.

When I look at it more closely, I see 4 values that are abnormal and that have been going down for some (they are the ones marked with a *, like ph)

Does anybody know what it means ? It's in french but it's pretty much the same words as in English. Thanks !

2. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Whelp, it looks a little like this illness.

Calcium off, a little too low a pH (acidic), a few WBC screw-ups. But none of it looks crazy, hence the people telling you everything's fine. Your WBCs seem a bit high, so you might have an infection, and it MIGHT be by an acid-producing bacteria, since you seem to be running a wee bit acidic.

All conjecture without more info, though. On these boards, awesome you can mount an immune response! Go, you!

-J

Dechi likes this.
  3. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

Thanks @JaimeS ! So I would need to take a calcium supplement ? Might be a good idea since I am a woman approaching 50.

I am not sure what you mean by "awesome you cant mount an immune response " ? Ypu mean my immune system is working and if so, how do you see this ? (Sorry, I have no medical background).

4. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    I say you are mounting an immune response because your white blood cells (monocytes and lymphocytes) are higher than average. This implies (but does not necessarily guarantee) that you have an infection and you are fighting it.

Calcium being slightly low is often found in ME/CFS. :)

Dechi likes this.
  5. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

Thanks @JaimeS ! I think I'll have myself some new blood tests to see how it is now. And take calcium s well !

See more popular forum discussions.