• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do these abnormal values mean ?

Dechi

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I had some blood and urine tests done a few times and everyone was telling me everything is normal.

When I look at it more closely, I see 4 values that are abnormal and that have been going down for some (they are the ones marked with a *, like ph)

Does anybody know what it means ? It's in french but it's pretty much the same words as in English. Thanks !

JaimeS

Whelp, it looks a little like this illness.

Calcium off, a little too low a pH (acidic), a few WBC screw-ups. But none of it looks crazy, hence the people telling you everything's fine. Your WBCs seem a bit high, so you might have an infection, and it MIGHT be by an acid-producing bacteria, since you seem to be running a wee bit acidic.

All conjecture without more info, though. On these boards, awesome you can mount an immune response! Go, you!

-J

Dechi

Thanks @JaimeS ! So I would need to take a calcium supplement ? Might be a good idea since I am a woman approaching 50.

I am not sure what you mean by "awesome you cant mount an immune response " ? Ypu mean my immune system is working and if so, how do you see this ? (Sorry, I have no medical background).

JaimeS

I say you are mounting an immune response because your white blood cells (monocytes and lymphocytes) are higher than average. This implies (but does not necessarily guarantee) that you have an infection and you are fighting it.

Calcium being slightly low is often found in ME/CFS. :)

Dechi

Thanks @JaimeS ! I think I'll have myself some new blood tests to see how it is now. And take calcium s well !