• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What do people do to increase their Natural Killer Cell Activity?

Gingergrrl

I watch Natural Born Killers endlessly on repeat.

Thank you, that made me laugh for the first time today!

Although I am not taking any of these things now, I tried Monolaurin, Maitake Mushrooms, AHCC Mushrooms, and a few things I am forgetting but none of them raised my NK cell functioning which went from a 5 to a 6.

Have never tried Inosine, Immunovir or Oxymatrine b/c am afraid my immune system is already too skewed to the autoimmune side with Hashimoto's, MCAS, and the fact that I have not had a cold, fever, or flu in three years.

Am not sure how my low NK cell functioning fits into the larger picture in my case.

Vineyard1

anyone tried the biobran mgn3?

I am concerned about trying MGN3 as it specifically raises Tumor Necrosis Factor whichI think is a no-no. I am currently trialing Transfer Factor ,which I have done in the past, with no effect but I am hoping that combined with the IVIG I started 3 months ago my immune system will see some benefit.

Strawberry

http://www.cortjohnson.org/blog/201...ic-fatigue-syndrome-three-natural-ways-boost/
  • colostrum (bovine)
  • melatonin
  • Maitake, shitake, reishi, and cordyceps species have been studied predominantly and highlight various potent immune stimulating effects including effects on NK cells.

So does that mean that since I take melatonin daily, my NK is higher than it would be without?

I am starting to wonder if we are better off raising NK function than taking antivirals. Has anyone actually had success raising NK activity?

Seven7

Seven
Last I heard, a few months ago , Rey changed the protocol of immunovir to daily. So I would think inosine would be the same thing. The immunovir protocol I used was to increase the dose daily M-F then weekends off.

I think. @lnester7 was doing it.

Also @heapsreal is always working on his NK cells.
Finally I knew I had to update somebody!!! I was put back on the pulsing schedule. I am still unable to do 6tabs a day so I am mixing inosine+imunovir. See if I can go up that way

Seven7

Seven
So does that mean that since I take melatonin daily, my NK is higher than it would be without?

I am starting to wonder if we are better off raising NK function than taking antivirals. Has anyone actually had success raising NK activity?
In theory, But since I have been trying to raise for 4 years. Is not easy. Suffice to say everything I try, fails. In the mean while I have to use the antivirals to treat the coinfections.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@lnester7 Thanks for the update. After having inosine kick my butt. I took a break and got side tracked with treating my mycoplasma. Feeling pretty horrid so this is on the back burner.