• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What data/metadata do we have regarding ME/CFS? (create new software)

Hi!

I was just wondering, we all here "suspect" we have ME/CFS, at least have 1 or more symptoms in common, I see the level of severity varies from person to person, I was thinking that if we want to do serious research on this topic it might be useful to gather some data that might help researchers get a better understanding on what is going on with us, so what I want to know is this:

Are there any big database/system collecting data from all of us that share the same symptoms?

If not are there any software developers here willing to contribute to create a platform to collect data from us?
I think this way we might be able to get some ideas or what really help and what doesn't

If we currently don't have a system like what I have in mind, I think anyone could contribute with new ideas for the software and we can all use our knowledge to cure ourselves.

Thanks!

Seven7

Seven
I have a great design in mind, Is the first thing I thought of doing as I got sick,
I am just too busy to develop but I can assist on analysis / design, is my forte anyways.

There are a few software's for ME from some university, and some other independent apps that do the job,. but I can give you what I have if you are interested let me know.

mariovitali

Hi there @cfs_ebv_hiphop ,

I developed a system that uses Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to identify what is behind Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and other syndromes such as Post-Finasteride Syndrome, Post-Accutane syndrome and more.

In a nutshell : The software identifies Liver as the main source of problems

I also developed a Python program that analyses 23andme data and predicts the severity of symptoms of these syndromes.

Unfortunately no one has expressed interest...but things may be changing ;-) The great thing is that some people become symptom free within weeks and i am in the process of having a large enough group of people (say 50) that become symptom free so that Researchers may finally listen and take us seriously.

See here for more :

http://algogenomics.blogspot.com.com/2017/05/results-from-classification-analysis.html