The power and pitfalls of omics part 2: epigenomics, transcriptomics and ME/CFS
Simon McGrath concludes his blog about the remarkable Prof George Davey Smith's smart ideas for understanding diseases, which may soon be applied to ME/CFS.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What causes uncontrollable cortisol spikes?

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by Hope78, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Hope78

Hope78 Senior Member

Germany
    Hi!

From time to time my cortisol goes crazy. I am normally one of these chronically tired low cortisol people, but for a long time now I have chronically elevated cortisol in between.

I found out that gut toxins and food intolerances played a huge role. As I eliminated this, I felt much better.

But unfortunately the symptoms come back and I am in a cortisol rollercoaster: one day low with fatigue and sleep, sleep, sleep. And then, out of a sudden I don't know what (it's not stress!) it raises ans stays gigh for nealry 24 hours. In this time I feel wired but exhausted, totally unable to sleep, high blood suggar.

In the mood cure from Julia Ross I read that in the cases of high morning cortisol (I am awakening always too early due to this and have a hard time getting back to sleep) parasites are found in nearly all cases.

Do you have any suggestions/experiences with this? I am unable to recover when there are always this etreme periods where I can find zero sleep and my body is totally exhausted, yet I am not tired!

Thank you and again: sorry for my poor English

Izola likes this.
  2. Hope78

Hope78 Senior Member

Germany
    I discovered I am very sensitive to oxalates. Oxalates seem to trigger mastcells for me and this spikes histamine along with cortisol, adrenaline and other pro-inflammatory things from the mastcells

3. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I wonder how you know what your day to day values are for all these substances?

4. Hope78

Hope78 Senior Member

Germany
    I had a lot of testing while having different symptoms. So in the meantime I now how the different states feel and to which "hormones" they are related.

5. A zombie

A zombie

infections.

6. Hope78

Hope78 Senior Member

Germany
    What do you mean with that?

See more popular forum discussions.