• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What brand of MethylB12 5mg should I use?

I am following FREDDDS protocol and am currently using 4mg of Enzymatics methylB12 morning and afternoon. I'd liked to switch to a 5mg tablet when next I tritate up, but am unsure which brand is currently recommended.

Other information.... and would welcome constructive comments. I live in Au and have only just discovered that I can get I can still get the tests for MTHFR done from here - so don't have that information at present. I'm taking 800mg of methyl folate morning and afternoon, L Carnitane fumarate 1 a day (need to increase to two) and one 8.6 tab of Adb12 once a week. I have all the cofactors in place except multi Vit B which I'm waiting to come from iHerb.

I have a good improvement in brain fog but so far little improvement in energy or muscle pain (lactic muscle burn).

Does this all seem to be going the right way and do my doses look about the right ratios?

I'd also like to say a big thank you to people who have put a lot of work into summarising Freddd' s proptocol - Cort, ahmo, Caladonia and sheclimber. It has made the protocol much more accessible and understandable.

Thank you,

Wendy

ahmo

@WendyM I had excellent results with Country Life 5mg MB12. Some people have reported that it dissolves too fast. Maybe my mouth is drier, I found it fine, stayed in gumline for up to 2 hours. I'm now using transdermal MB12. B12oils.com is an Australian company making excellent products, you can read more about them on the transdermal B12 thread. I've been using a DIY version of transdermal B12, less expensive, working just as well for me, also described in that thread.

Thanks ahmo. Great have an Au company making transdermal oils. I'll check them out. I've just received my FMN from iHerb .... am hoping it works for me as well as it did for you.