1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What Are Your Most Amusing (Or Disconcerting) Brain Fog Experiences?

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by Hip, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Graham

Graham Senior Moment

Sussex, UK
    Oh you wonderful people - you start to make me feel quite sensible at times. OK, yesterday I asked about biscuit in the oven when I meant the cake in the fridge, and today I had to work through the alphabet before I could remember my son's girlfriend's name, but that's normal - isn't it?

2. sleepy237

sleepy237 Senior Member

Hell
    Last year before I knew what brainfog REALLY was. Now I am much more careful. Last year I had a flurry of three. 1. An egg was cooking...I had no memory of the egg it began to burn and stink! I was looking out the window to see where the smell was coming from. 2. I answered the phone and left the taps on flooded downstairs out and neighbour alerted me to this while I was mopping up the water :/ 3. Ended up on oxygen after leaving the gas on by accident but it had a safety cut out but nevertheless the symptoms of CFS was enough to get oxygen as a prevention. Now I nearly have OCD with my cooker - I probably do LOL. I use a timer and I try be mindful of what I am doing.

3. me2

me2

Didn't recognize a familiar face

I just had to jump in here. Yesterday I sent my 17 year old on a wild goose chase to her dental appointment in another town (one hour drive) - except that her appointment was actually today. Uh-oh! Then there was the memorable (and frightening) time when I went to a fast food restaurant and was seated at a booth. Suddenly, I thought: Why am I here? Looking around, I realized I was at a fast food restaurant. Then I noticed a guy was walking toward my table from pretty far off. He kept getting closer. He walked all the way to the table and SAT down before my brain did that "pop" and I realized he was my husband. OMG!

4. TinyT

TinyT Senior Member

Australia
    I kinda forgot how to sign my name the other day. I use my first name inital, then my last name and couldn't figure out how to spell it. Had to say it out loud before signing..... *DOH*

5. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I recently found my freezer bags in the freezer.

I know you are all thinking, well what is wrong with that?...

They were all in there completely empty!!! No meat had been put in them.

(Im thou currently doing quite well brain wise :) )

6. jen1177

jen1177

Arizona
    When I call someone and it rings and rings...sometimes I forget who it is I called. Same problem with being on hold for a while.
    Similar thing happens when I want to go research something on the internet...by the time I get the computer booted up and connected to the web I end up staring at the search engine trying to remember what I wanted to look up.

I also have problems signing my name. If I pause I get stuck and can't get the rest of my signature written out right. I've learned to actually not focus on my writing as I'm writing and just let my hand do what it does. Seems like if I focus my attention on it I screw it up.

And I do this one about once a week...I have something cooking in the microwave which is near cabinets and the fridge...when the bell dings I open up a cabinet door or the fridge instead of the microwave. Oy.

7. jen1177

jen1177

Arizona
    I have the same exact problem when showering. Especially if I break from my routine and wash something out of order. I end up doing a "smell test" to figure out what's been washed and what hasn't. :)

See more popular forum discussions.