1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What are you doing for ME/CFS Awareness Day?

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Tulip, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Tulip

Tulip Guest

I am planning on writing a letter and hopefully getting it published as a story in my local paper - trying NOT to make it sound boring because I want people to read it and get the seriousness of this illness!. I plan on mentioning that it can be fatal - people need to know the truth or how will they ever take it seriously?!. Just trying to get the words right..(anyone inspiration greatly appreciated :D ).

What are you all doing?
  2. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    I don't know what I'm doing. I wish I would know in advance how I'm going to be feeling. Actually, your idea sounds good to me. I would write to a few local papers but, how do I know that they will publish it?
  3. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Perosnally I'd like to go nude sky diving and take a dump right on the Weasels or Parliament while having a banner saying "ME/CFS INCOMING!" ! :p
    (and MI5 types, that is a JOKE, thpppt! lol)
  4. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    This idea is so beautiful it almost made me weep.
  5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I don't know.

Silverblade, LOL
  6. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    of course the Weasel is IN Parlaiment, so it's one and the same if you choose the right day at House of Lords... naturally that particular idea is a JOKE (an a very excellent joke), but there are other protest ideas I'm certain, which would not upset MI5
  7. muffin

muffin Senior Member

USA!
    Please see the www.mcwpa.org site and see what all IS being done by many people.

LIVE near Atlanta? 3 May is a demo in front of the CDC but we need a head-count to know how many people are coming, what is needed, etc.
  8. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    You will not know unless you try!

GG
  9. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    That's true. All we can do is try our best in whatever way we can contribute and of course the more people try, the more chance of being heard.
    Even thinking out of the box like Silverblade. lol
  10. insearchof

insearchof Senior Member

Thanks for the laugh Sliverblade

I am keen to know, what plans (if any) the Aussies here have for awareness day.
  11. Tulip

Tulip Guest

Silverblade that's both gross and funny.

Insearchof - im an aussie :D apart from writing a letter to my local news paper, I was thinking of sending in a letter and some blue ribbons to sunrise. Maybe someone could send them into the today show and another person to the circle??.

See more popular forum discussions.