1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What are the discount codes for i-herb?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Gingergrrl, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I've been meaning to ask this for a while but kept forgetting. I noticed that many of you guys have a discount code for i-herb. I just looked at their website and it looks great. Is it better than ordering from Amazon and how do you get a discount code?
  2. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    I sometimes get things from iHerb in better condition than on Amazon (especially if from a third-party seller: I've sometimes gotten something with a broken lid or something like that, through Amazon).

from iHerb if I order a certain amount, the shipping is free. From Amazon if I want several things and am particular about the brand or ingredients, it tends to come from several different Marketplace sellers, so it's harder to get free shipping deals.

Nonetheless, if I have one or two things and it's a better price or I waited too long to order and it's something they stock in Prime, I will order from Amazon. There are also other places, but I don't tend to have a lot of energy for shopping around.

You have to place an order at iHerb to get your own discount code to share. Then if someone uses it, you will get a credit of an amount from their marketing budget (not related to the amount someone buys).

A discount code can be used only on the first order and only by someone who does not share an address with a current iHerb customer.

(my iHerb code is WNR209, but don't feel obligated to use it).
    ggingues likes this.
  3. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @WillowJ Thanks for all the info and I may use your iHerb discount code in the future. How much of a discount would I get on my first order? And then I assume after that, I'd get my own discount code for all my future orders?
    ggingues likes this.
  4. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    The discount works only on a first order. It's an incentive to establish an account. The discount is either $5 or $10, depending on the size of your order.

After that you get a discount code to share with others (you cannot use it yourself: it can be used only for a first order by someone else)--the company is hoping you will advertise for them. :)

@heapsreal explains it here and there is more discussion on that thread
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    rosie26, merylg and heapsreal like this.
  5. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @WillowJ Thanks, I read the thread and it was very helpful! I may be using your code in the future!
    WillowJ likes this.
  6. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Is Jim Jones alive and well on PR?

Left Coast
    Www.pureformulas.com has free shipping, free returns,'you get points for free money and there is a referral program. If you spend $35 you get 10% off and they always have sales and discount codes and they are cheaper than iherb on lots of things.
    taniaaust1, rosie26 and WillowJ like this.
  7. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @minkeygirl Thanks and I did not know about that one either!
  8. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    thank you. I bookmarked them!
  9. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    @WillowJ I've also gotten good deals on Rakutan with free shipping. You have to look around there.
    rosie26 and WillowJ like this.
  10. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    the cheap shipping to australia makes it popular here at $8 and its at the door in about 2 days. vitacost are just as cheap but there shipping isnt quite as quick.
    taniaaust1 and WillowJ like this.
  11. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Many of us in the US also use Vitacost as they have a huge inventory, free shipping to the US if you order a certain amount ($49?). Iherb has better customer service in my experience but Vitacost often beats them on price. Vitacost has regular sales, so I wait till they offer me at least 10% off before placing an order. They email these sale offers to customers.

Sushi
    SOC, merylg and WillowJ like this.
  12. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    Seems like you have gotten the info you need :)

GG
    Gingergrrl likes this.
  13. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Interesting... it says they do international too and says free all orders. Maybe this would be an option instead of iherb for Australians too? (unless Ive missed something).
  14. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Just got an email from vita cost with an expected time of arrival of a recent order, 21st August wow that's slow.
  15. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    @taniaaust1 Free shipping in the US. I know some people have tried to order international from them but haven't had success. Depends on what you order I think.
  16. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Definitely and thanks to everyone for all the info!
    Sushi likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.