• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

what are the chances of some sort of recovery???

cb2

@minkeygirl I am glad you found a way to tolerate famvir,I remember you were having some problems with it.

Wondering if I should start back slow or hit this last fever and flare hard with the famvir?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@minkeygirl I am glad you found a way to tolerate famvir,I remember you were having some problems with it.

Wondering if I should start back slow or hit this last fever and flare hard with the famvir?

Yea if was a struggle but i couldn't tolerate valtrex and I wanted something "better" than acyclovir. I was really bad for awhile before it dawned on me that it felt like mono. That's when I decided to slam it. I think, looking back, I may have only been on 500 mgs.

But no kidding within a day my sore throat was gone, the crippling fatigue gone and I could keep my eyes open.

I can't advise you what to do. Slamming sure worked for me.

cb2

@crosser sleep is crucial! i hope you can find a way to get some even a few hours 3or 4 of deep sleep can help somewhat. sorry you are going through this. i hope some of the suggestions have helped. sometimes i take cordycep mushrooms, i can't tell if they help or not but i think they do.

@minkeygirl so you are at 1000mg a day? do you plan to stay there? i am glad they helped you so quickly.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@cb2 I'm currently at 1000 mgs. I tried upping to 1500 a few weeks ago but I didn't feel good. I suspect part of that could be because I just jumped up to the 1500 vs. going up 250 at a time and letting that dose settle. I may try again but right now I have other stuff going on making me feel like crap so I'm good. I haven't had a flare like that in over a year so it is absolutely helping me.

@crosser I can't read all this but cb2 mentioned sleep. I will not sleep without taking some kind of benzo. I have benzos i take to initiate sleep, anthistamines to sustain sleep and other stuff to layer. I just make sure I alternate so I don't develop tolerance.

As for suicide. I've been there and I don't think it helps to deny that we do think about it. Whenever I'm feeling really horrible, I can't help but go there. But I know it's usually something going on, and once I figure it out, I'm good to continue. What I found that helps me mentally, is to do something. Anything so that I don't feel like a victim to the disease.

I fight every day, try new stuff every day, search every day. And sometimes something takes. Right now I'm having luck with LDN. I had no relief the last time I tried it so this is huge.

Do something so you feel like you are in control.