1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What about the DOGS?

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Boule de feu, Sep 12, 2010.

1. bakercape

bakercape Senior Member

Cape Cod. Mass
    You know what

is so ridiculous. My Dogs Vet told me the Lyme test for dogs is 1almost 100% sensitive while the test for us is not nearly as good. Sometimes our pets get better medical care than we do.
  2. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    What about we would request to pass the dog version? It would not work, of course. But, I like the thought of it. =-)
  3. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Dr. Komaroff's lecture had a slide with some known precursor infections which can lead to CFS and one was Parvovirus. Dogs also get this. Don't know if this would be the same variety or not. He didn't discuss it, but I noticed it on his slide.

The general theme to my mind is that we all share One Life. Biologically we don't have cast iron boundaries between different species, forms of life or individuals--
  4. Boule de feu

Boule de feu Senior Member

Ottawa, Canada
    And with the XMRV possibility, it does confirm that!
  5. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    Yes, that brings that song back to mind, "The Circle of Life."

And

"What about the DOGS"

I miss my four legged friends, our house has been so empty........

June

See more popular forum discussions.