• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What about our human rights?

this was taken from the Human Rights watch website:

Human Rights Watch is one of the worlds leading independent organizations dedicated to defending and protecting human rights. By focusing international attention where human rights are violated, we give voice to the oppressed and hold oppressors accountable for their crimes. Our rigorous, objective investigations and strategic, targeted advocacy build intense pressure for action and raise the cost of human rights abuse. For 30 years, Human Rights Watch has worked tenaciously to lay the legal and moral groundwork for deep-rooted change and has fought to bring greater justice and security to people around the world.

Human Rights Watch
350 Fifth Avenue, 34th Floor
New York, NY 10118-3299
USA
Tel: 1-(212) 290-4700

Has anyone tried to contact them? seeing as contacting the CDC,NIH,FDA and many others has done nothing.

To me the way the CDC has treated ME/CFS is a violation to human rights, somebody should do something about it.

I know there's people that have been sick for many years even decades and they are housebound and many are disabled, i know they have been fighting for many years, yet very few things have been accomplished, it is time we do something about it.

I don't ask for the government to pay for my health costs, for now i can still work and luckily i have a really good health insurance, i just ask them to recognize this as the real devastating illness that it is and i ask them to do some real research to hopefully find good treatment, as i said before i can still work and if i had available treatment i would be able to maybe work for many years and take care of myself, but with out any real treatment in the horizon i don't know what the future has in store for me, i may be disabled soon and then i'll have to ask for disability benefits which if granted it would cost my state many thousands of dollars, i don't see the logic in keeping people sick when even economically it's cheaper to get them back to health so they can have a normal life including a job.

Something is seriously wrong with the government, many more people's lives will be ruined if nothing is done about it..