1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Wessely's wife appointed Chair of UK Royal College of GPs

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by fred, Mar 30, 2010.

1. fred

fred The game is afoot

2. Koan

Koan Be the change.

I thought this little piece from the Independent was very interesting. They posed the following:

How to sleep – a bedside guide
    If you lie awake tossing and turning, you're not alone. Will hot drinks, homoeopathy or yoga help you sleep? Esther Walker consults the experts.

From this I would surmise, which would not at all be fair, that SW may not get a great deal of sympathy at home.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...ow-to-sleep-ndash-a-bedside-guide-803076.html
  3. Koan

Koan Be the change.

This piece in the Telegraph is also very interesting:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/h...are-addicted-to-every-drug-under-the-sun.html

Dr Gerada set up a clinic for mentally ill and/or addicted doctors and found alarmingly high numbers.

This really does speak to the POV of the "psychologizers". If mental illness and addiction is common in their community, there are many reasons why they would engage, perhaps unwittingly, in projection.

It raises the possibility that they may even believe what they say. I suppose one could remain in denial even when being paid crazy well to stay there. We are probably reluctant to ask ourselves questions that put these arrangements in question, like, "Why are international insurance companies so generous to me?" "Must be cuz I'm a genius!" would probably be the answer most of us would come up with.

Don't make it right!
  4. fred

fred The game is afoot

".....knitting is the best thing you can do because it's monotonous and distracting." Do you suppose 'knitting' is a psychiatric euphemism ?
  5. Dr. Yes

Dr. Yes Shame on You

No, I think she actually makes Simon knit sweater vests for himself. That's why he's so MEAN.
  6. Gerwyn

Gerwyn Guest

what do you mean
  7. starryeyes

starryeyes Senior Member

Bay Area, California
    That made me :tear:

See more popular forum discussions.