• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird symptom but not unwelcomed

Rand56

I may be out in left field asking about this because this may not have anything to do with increased methylation but I'll see if any of you have any input on this anyway.

I have had a partially obstructed nasal passage in my right nostril for quite some time. I rarely get sinus issues other than when I get a cold and it's not often that I get a cold. Just recently, and this happened twice on seperate occasions, I started getting sinus drainage ONLY from this right nostril. I can't figure out why it would happen only in my one nostril that has been partially blocked?

Would this have anything to do with increasing methylation and/or adding any of the cofactor supplements in something working on trying to clear up this obstruction? I have no idea but I find this very strange in that I only got sinus drainage from only this one nostril and this is the first time that this has ever happened. I'm quite perplexed but if something is working on clearing this nostril up I am all for it. Anyone have a clue about this because I sure don't?

Rand56

I do have sinus issues, and had gotten improved mucous thinning for a bit. That could be what is going on.

hi Rosebud

That is good to know. The only other thing I can think of if it has anything to do with increased methylation, is that thru methylation glutathione is raised which in turn can give a boost to the immune system. "Maybe" I have had some long standing low grade infection going on and my immune system is hightened in fighting it off. Of course I could be off base here and just shooting in the dark looking for a reason.

greenshots

I would guess that anything that improves methylation and therefore helps dna, rna, and cell turn over could certainly help with even the smallest symptoms.

Angela