1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Phoenix Rising Adds Two New Board Members
Mark Berry introduces the new President of Phoenix Rising, Dr. Gary Solomon, and welcomes Professor Jonathan Edwards to the Phoenix Rising Board of Directors.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Weird symptom but not unwelcomed

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Rand56, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    I may be out in left field asking about this because this may not have anything to do with increased methylation but I'll see if any of you have any input on this anyway.

I have had a partially obstructed nasal passage in my right nostril for quite some time. I rarely get sinus issues other than when I get a cold and it's not often that I get a cold. Just recently, and this happened twice on seperate occasions, I started getting sinus drainage ONLY from this right nostril. I can't figure out why it would happen only in my one nostril that has been partially blocked?

Would this have anything to do with increasing methylation and/or adding any of the cofactor supplements in something working on trying to clear up this obstruction? I have no idea but I find this very strange in that I only got sinus drainage from only this one nostril and this is the first time that this has ever happened. I'm quite perplexed but if something is working on clearing this nostril up I am all for it. Anyone have a clue about this because I sure don't?
  2. Rosebud Dairy

Rosebud Dairy Senior Member

I do have sinus issues, and had gotten improved mucous thinning for a bit. That could be what is going on.
  3. Rand56

Rand56 Senior Member

Myrtle Beach, SC
    hi Rosebud

That is good to know. The only other thing I can think of if it has anything to do with increased methylation, is that thru methylation glutathione is raised which in turn can give a boost to the immune system. "Maybe" I have had some long standing low grade infection going on and my immune system is hightened in fighting it off. Of course I could be off base here and just shooting in the dark looking for a reason.
  4. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Oh yes... your body is cleaning house now... that's good! :)
  5. greenshots

greenshots Senior Member

California
    I would guess that anything that improves methylation and therefore helps dna, rna, and cell turn over could certainly help with even the smallest symptoms.

Angela

See more popular forum discussions.