• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird reaction to Vibrant Health Mannose & botanicals ?

xchocoholic

Sigh. This is probably going to sound weird.

I need to treat for bladder symptoms regularly. I've had traces of blood in my urine since 1990 and stones since 2008. My uti's have always been from e coli. So far I'm not seeing serious uti symptoms. Urine is pungent but not dark or brown. No severe kidney stone pain. No nausea or vomitting. So no ER :)

Tried cranberry juice, garlic, grapefruit seed extract and AZO cranberry but these didn't work. These worked before.

Started d mannose 36 hours ago. Initial reaction included phlegm in my throat and and on my tongue. Also had tiny red stringy looking things covering my tongue. It was covered and I had to brush them off.

Strings and phlegm have subsided. But I was wondering if that's normal and what it is. I can't find it on the web. My stools are off but I won't go into the details. Lol.

Tx .. x

xchocoholic

No one ?

The brand is Vibrant Health. And the ingredients include Bearberry, blueberry, cranberry, dandelion, goldenrod, goldenseal and parsley.

I'm getting a lot of phlegm in my throat from this still but no more strings on my tongue. The phlegm could be an allergic reaction to something in this.

I was thinking the strings may have been from candida since I've been positive for candida forever, except in 1 stool test, despite treatments.

I saw that e coli like to hang with candida so I started taking Nystatin liquid yesterday.

Isn't chronic illness fun ?

Tc .. x

Misfit Toy

Hi, I never had symptoms from D Mannose, but it never helped me either. I have IC and chronic UTI's and it never touched any of it. I never found it to be the wonder supplement that it was claimed to be. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Misfit Toy

It's another supplement where I am sick of hearing how great it is. I used to drink this like it was lemonade and it did ZILCH.

rosie26

Hi xchocoholic

I take the Clinicians brand ( it doesn't have the herbs in it ) of d mannose and haven't had any problems with it.

I have been getting lower back pain a lot this year, not sure whether it's to do with IC or constipation that I seem to be getting all the time now. I take the d mannose off and on.

Hope you feel better soon.

xchocoholic

Hi xchocoholic

I take the Clinicians brand ( it doesn't have the herbs in it ) of d mannose and haven't had any problems with it.

I have been getting lower back pain a lot this year, not sure whether it's to do with IC or constipation that I seem to be getting all the time now. I take the d mannose off and on.

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi @rosie26

Thanks for listing the brand name. So far this one is producing some interesting results so I'm going to stay with it. Most of the ingredients are new to me so there's no telling what I'm reacting to. I obviously needed an antibacterial tho.

Sorry to hear you're having more back pain. Mine's mostly from a bad disk. But I've noticed that I can get pain near my appendix if I take a strong probiotic.

Hope you feel better soon too. Tc .. x

xchocoholic

So I wasn't going to give stool details .. .. but I went from passing a little mucous to D this morning. I have a tiny headache too but less bladder symptoms. ☺

I'm going to assume this is a good thing. I'll be eating light today.

Also I was told not to take this with cranberry juice so stopped that yesterday. The uva ursi supposed to work better. Thanks.

Tc .. x