• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weird neurological symptoms

optimist

This bad:

Attachments

• lm.png
    lm.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 20

optimist

The test is from Genova in the US. I took it through a lab here in Norway, but one can perhaps order from Genova directly... not sure.

optimist

What she's talking about sounds familiar, but I believe in my case this symptom should be in connection with the nerves going wild thing:

Optimist, thanks for sharing the video.
I experienced several of the symptoms you described. I remember researching and finding many possible causes. My symptoms matched several conditions (I had many symptoms in addition to what you listed). I channeled my inner Nancy Drew meets House:bang-head: and investigated & addressed if needed: very high mercury; deficiencies of B12, B6, zinc, E, glutathione; neurotoxins; excitotoxins. I ruled out: autoimmune, movement disorders, seizures, lyme, chronic candida, TIA, methylation issues, food sensitivities, schwannoma.

I wish you lots of patience and good guidance. I'm very glad for you that you have an excellent Functional Medicine doctor.

Let us know the results of your MRI.
BTW, magnesium (Calm powder) helped my nerves calm down.
I turned out, nerve damage from a brain cyst was causing the twitching. I don't mention that to say that I believe that's what's going on with you. I only say it because you may wonder what was the result of all of the detective work and testing.
Take care,
Inspired

optimist

Thanks for the good list @Inspired! That gives me something to work on. Right now I have a loose theory that proteins are getting into my bloodstream and end up somewhere where they mess up badly... perhaps inflaming the nerve system.

I took the MRI yesterday and will have the results in a few days.

At the moment I am taking ButyrAid which has 600mg of magnesium, and I am not sure about the bio-availabillity of it, but I am also a bit reluctant of taking more...

Sorry about the cyst they found! Hope it can be treated and I wish you all the best!

optimist

Now I am 98,23% certain that what I am having is triggered by the consumption of protein (meat, chicken, fish not eggs so far, but I am not tolreating them it seems :/).

@optimist, There definitely were foods that made me feel hyper. This included raw kale, hemp protein powder, grains, methyl folate supplement...

Good luck with your investigation. I wish you lots of patience.

Valentijn

Now I am 98,23% certain that what I am having is triggered by the consumption of protein (meat, chicken, fish not eggs so far, but I am not tolreating them it seems :/).
If it were an alpha-gal allergy (caused by some tick bites), chicken and fish shouldn't be a problem. So that's one thing to cross off the list, I suppose :p

Valentijn

@optimist - A supplement I reacted to very badly with painful full body swelling was creatine. It's naturally in all meats (though seemingly not in eggs?), including poultry and fish. Maybe some of us react to it in various ways if we get too much.

optimist

Thanks for pointing that out @Valentijn! Apparently I can tolerate egg white (not yolk), but to get the protein I need for one day I would have to eat 700g of egg white...

Attachments

• egg.jpeg
    egg.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 8

optimist

Tryptophan and tyrosine/tyramine seem to be higher in eggs than in peas. Did I understand correctly that they should be lower for less reactions?