1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Weird feeling in the head, when temperature is high

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by Arise, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Arise

Arise

I seem to get a strange sensation in the head when the temperature is above about 26° Celsius.

The sensation is not like a headache, however it feels like that there is some kind of pressure or inflammation in the head (mainly side of the head just above ears), it's certainly not dehydration and probably not related to sinus as that causes a much more painful headache. It is not painful like a headache but it definitely has a physical presence and seems to elevate the brain fog.

It is strange because it is very specific in that I only seem to get it when the temperature is above a certain level and it always occurs when the temperature is above that level.

rosie26 likes this.
  2. Grigor

Grigor

Amsterdam
    Have you ever been tested on POTS or OI ??

3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I feel like someone pumped air into the back of my cranium and like my brain is wrapped in cotton all the time. I usually feel like the air in my head when I wake up, then the fog settles in.

I know @rosie26 gets temperature related head pressure. I can't remember if she has POTS. I tagged her so she'll see this and chime in.

The head pressure is pretty normal from inflammation. I don't have POTS or OI.

rosie26 likes this.
  4. Arise

Arise

I haven't noticed any correlation between standing and sitting. I will keep track of my blood pressure and pulse to see if that may have any relation.

5. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
    Hi Arise

I have head inflammation all the time. I have been thinking lately that some of the awful and weird stuff in my head could also be due to Vasculitis ? I personally think I have 3-4 things going on in my head - maybe more. Low grade encephalitis, POTS, Sinusitis, Vasculitis. But I really have no idea. I have pressure of various kinds in my head everyday. Some days are better than others.

I get a lot of the side pressure too. I am wondering if this is the blood vessels going up the side of the head that maybe involved in the feeling of pressure. Looking at a picture of the blood vessels that go up to the head, one passes above the ear and spreads out over the front and middle of the head like fingers. Exactly where I experience the sensations.

Hot and cold weather seems to trigger an exacerbation of symptoms for a lot of us. Summer temperatures in my city don't usually go over 30 degrees so I wouldn't notice it as much as you I think. I do suffer a lot when winter temperatures go below 13 degrees though.

Arise likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.