• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weight loss - 10kg last year, why?

MartinK

Hi all!
I fight with CFS and Lyme for 4,5 years now.

Last year was critical, gradual deterioration of symtoms...and finding help of KDM in start of this year.
Hope for better tomorrow now...

But, what really affraid me yesterday was my weight measurement - in the last year I lost 10 kilos!
Previous years I hold my weight...even with antibiotic treatment for Lyme.

I was always thin, but now Im really skinny! (180cm/65kg) - I'm very scared, I'm afraid it will not continue.
I'm lying now a not for my fatigue and OI, my muscles are gone, but I dont know, if that's okay :-/

KDM found me SIBO, some intollerance (lactose) and leaky gut - it is possible that is why I losing weight?
I eat still a lot! Yes, another menu, diet, but its not for weight loss...

My another symptoms are inflammation and recurrent flu-like symptoms or crashes, but but I think it does not have much connection...

Does anyone have an idea why this is happening? KDM did not speak about it...
What should I watch?
Can it be something with metabolism? Krebs cycle?
How to get some kilos back?

Thanks a lot for every experience and idea, Im really frustrated from this.

best regards, Martin

NotThisGuy

When you say you still it a lot I assume you get enough calories?
Are you eating enough proteins?
1g/kg of proteins should be included in your diet.
If you are vegetarian you should consider to take some BCAA.

AndyPandy

Making the most of it
@MartinK

I lost about that much in the early years of my illness.

I believe it was due to IBS and food intolerances. My gut issues have improved lately after years of working on this. I have now regained the weight I lost.

I hope you find some answers.

Thinktank

I have lost a lot of weight too recently due to a flare up of inflammatory bowel disease, now just 51kg / 175cm (yes, male! and i eat 2000 ~ 2500 kcal daily). KDM's antibiotics made me so much worse.

The diagnosis of KDM is no reason to lose 10kg. Do you feel inflammation in your intestines? It might be wise to speak with a gastroenterologist.

JES

I was always thin, but now Im really skinny! (180cm/65kg) - I'm very scared, I'm afraid it will not continue.
I'm lying now a not for my fatigue and OI, my muscles are gone, but I dont know, if that's okay :-/

Not sure if it helps you any, but 180 cm and 65 kg gives a BMI of 20, which is completely normal. A BMI under 18.5 is generally considered underweight, which with your height would be 60 kg.

Runner5

Have you had your blood sugar tested? I've known even really skinny people to develop type 2 diabetes (and type 1, that can develop at any point in life) - both will cause a weight drop. Just throwing that out there.

MartinK

I have lost a lot of weight too recently due to a flare up of inflammatory bowel disease, now just 51kg / 175cm (yes, male! and i eat 2000 ~ 2500 kcal daily). KDM's antibiotics made me so much worse.

The diagnosis of KDM is no reason to lose 10kg. Do you feel inflammation in your intestines? It might be wise to speak with a gastroenterologist.

Hi!
I plan to go for gastro-enterologist. And, yes, I feel huge inflammation (its one of my biggest problems), but no in intestines - primarily in legs and body...and after activity is bigger.

Martin

MartinK

@MartinK

I lost about that much in the early years of my illness.

I believe it was due to IBS and food intolerances. My gut issues have improved lately after years of working on this. I have now regained the weight I lost.

I hope you find some answers.

Hi! I have many intolerances from KDM results - my biggest intolarance (from birth) is on lactose...with KDM treatment I definitely stop lactose and gluten!
Hope for good changes with another stuff - Normix & Mesalazine & Biokult

Martin

MartinK

When you say you still it a lot I assume you get enough calories?
Are you eating enough proteins?
1g/kg of proteins should be included in your diet.
If you are vegetarian you should consider to take some BCAA.

Fact is, with my diet is really hard keep this in mind.
I limited the meat last 1/2 year - I am now trying to relieve digestion, eating a slightly digestible diet...Im still learning in this

Martin