Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 2
Clark Ellis brings us Part 2 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Week 11 on Valcyte

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by undcvr, Jan 20, 2011.

1. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    A few days ago I got my blood test results back. Not only have I been feeling really lousy in the deep of winter and my HHV6 levels never dropped and my EBV came back too. I recently only convinced my doc to put me back on 1800mg Valcyte. This dose is what I foresee myself to be on for the next few months.

So for now no short-term/immdiate side effects on Valcyte. I have countered all of that with SLO. It seems to be working. Long term, I dont know. All the Lerner studies show his patients being on Valcyte for 6 months or more. I am not sure if I want to be on it for that long given what it can do cytotoxically. I am considering Vistide but that can screw my kidneys. Ah, I love my life and the decisions I have to make while living it. Cant wait for it to be over.

I am functionable, as long as I dont exert myself. That also includes walking in the cold, I just break out into a sweat perspiring profusely. Proboost seems to help with this on days that I take it. Otherwise as long as I stay indoor-bound and dont excercise I am pretty ok. Mind fog is still there.

I am also looking into Avonex. PR mentioned that Dr Chia supposedly cured his son with beta-interferon and AVs. I have thought of this combo myself but it was with Pegasys and Ribivirin. Chia's theory seems sound and worth looking into if my insurance will pay. This way I dont have to go hunting for all the pathogens that I maybe infected with and just hit them all with one therapy, much more preferable and much less poking. I like.

2. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    @undcvr, did you ever try Avonex?

Ema

3. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    no never did I understand that some herbs like licorice induce interferon production and it is the even better alpha interferon, i went that route instead

4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I thought that licorice induced interferon gamma. Does it also induce interferon alpha?

This article suggests that interferon alpha is no good for people with MS. Since ME/CFS and MS share so many commonalities, I wonder what the implication is for us.

Have you seen studies showing the benefit of interferon alpha in ME/CFS?

5. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
  6. undcvr

undcvr Senior Member

NYC
    I cannot remember what tests I looked up but I have CFS and I took Licorice and Andrographis and they did help me, quite alot I would say

See more popular forum discussions.