1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Weeding Out the Symptomology in XMRV Related ME/CFS

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by serg1942, Nov 14, 2010.

1. serg1942

serg1942 Senior Member

Spain
  2. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    Sergio, I was able to get a HTLV test at my local NHS hospital in the UK. This was some years ago and I don't know if they have added to it since then. Try at a clinic thay does HIV and you may get it there.
  3. roma

roma

Chicago
    HTLVs test are very common actually, go to any major hospital in your area and they will for sure tell you where to get tested for htlv 1/2 i had my htlv1/2 test done like a month ago and it was negative. HTLV is endemic in south america and japan but not very common in USA but for sure are people that have it the vast vast majority of people with HTLV don't have symptoms for many years sometimes decades, but it does cause problems in 1-5% of carriers, one thing that i have noticed is that many people with CFS don't have swollen lymph nodes which would be a lot more common with HIV and HTLV..
  4. roma

roma

Chicago
    Ever since i joined this site i keep telling people to look at XMRV as if they were looking the HIV virus but people seem to not be willing to accept that we may have something infectious, the sooner we accept it the sooner we can get better treatments, every symptom and every major problem of CFS patients resembles something that hiv causes as well so i really think we need to start looking at CFS from a different angle, of course there will be the ones that have CFS but test XMRV- that is a different story...

See more popular forum discussions.