Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WebMD: Green light reduces migraine pain

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Sasha, May 28, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    This story seems to be in quite a few places, including the New Scientist.

Read the rest at:

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/news/20160517/giving-the-green-light-to-migraine-relief

Asa and aaron_c like this.
  2. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

Huh, whenever light exacerbates my headache, I assume it is a migraine. That's the definition for me.

Maybe in the next year they'll have some kind of "narrow-spectrum green light" for sale somewhere?

Sasha likes this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I saw somewhere (not sure which article) that they were thinking about green-lensed specs but the pain reduction seems to be only 20% so I'm not sure it's worth it.

4. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

True, but something that could let me look at a screen or a book when migraines get more severe would be nice. The way I read it, if you could limit the light to the narrow green band then you could negate the photophobia part of migraines--which I would like, because if I can't sleep through a migraine I prefer to keep myself busy.

Sasha likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Then maybe a thin sheet of green plastic over the book or computer screen might work? You can buy that sort of thing for 99p on Ebay (for example, on UK Ebay, there's one under the title, "A4 Colour Polypropylene Plastic Sheet 0.8/75mm Binding Art Craft & Model Making").

See more popular forum discussions.