1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Webinar: Defining CFS coming April 14

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by oerganix, Apr 6, 2010.

1. oerganix

oerganix Senior Member

http://www.fightingfatigue.org/?p=8305

On Wednesday, April 14th, (2:00 p.m. EST) the CFIDS Association will host their next webinar on Defining CFS: Diagnostic Criteria & Case Definition. Here is info. on the upcoming webinar from the registration page:
    In the absence of biomarker that can be reliably used to diagnose CFS, research on and care of people with CFS rely on how the illness is defined. Dr. Leonard A. Jason of DePaul University has been engaged in several of the efforts to craft meaningful definitions for CFS. He will discuss the various CFS case definitions, how they impact research and care, and how the definitions might be improved to better serve researchers, clinicians, and patients

2. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Thanks oerganix.

I'm interested in hearing what Leonard Jason has to say.

3. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

thanks oerganix

here's the link to the CAA webinar registration page

liked this bit re Dr Jason, one of long-time researchers and advocates

Dr. Jason has edited or written 21 books, and he has published 524 articles and 77 book chapters on ME/CFS; recovery homes; the prevention of alcohol, tobacco, and other drug abuse; media interventions; and program evaluation. He has served on the editorial boards of ten psychological journals, and has served on review committees of the National Institutes of Health.

See more popular forum discussions.