• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

We wanna know why Government don't spend money to CFS research?

unto

I never understand the transmission with saliva. I have it nearly 12 years and no one in my family has got it yet. Thankfully! I did not think it was highly contagious, am I wrong? How long approximately one needs to expose to this virus? Some people get it straight away, it takes many years for some
It is true that many patients say they do not note Other PEOPLE Nearby With Same symptoms, it may be because the entry of the virus mail occurred with the ingestion of food or with a transfusion

It is true that many patients say they do not note Other PEOPLE Nearby With Same symptoms, it may be because the entry of the virus mail occurred with the ingestion of food or with a transfusion

family members to have it? Why? Does anyone know?

I thought you need to have a certain mutations present in your DNA for virus to take its horrid effects on the person. Or the mutations occur after the virus enters the body? What do we know about this virus?

I read many threads and posts and still don't understand. It must be my ME ridden brain or just plain stupidity...

Oh, I'm glad the virus doesn't care about whether one is black or white, rich or poor, man or woman... A very p.c. virus.:p

unto

unto

There is also the possibility that the patient fails to notice have infected other persons 1) for lack of sensitivity 2) because the symptoms are milder 3) because the symptoms are different

unto

Or because they do not want it may have to admit ...... it would be too painful ....

unto

There is no good evidence this is the case for ME, aside from the initial infection. The unknown virus thought to be in China and possibly elsewhere by now might or might not be a similar disease. There are however some infections that might reactivate in ME and so be transmissible for a narrow window of time. There are definitely transmissible viral and other infections that might cause ME, but again once the infection is over there is no good evidence of transmission.

In most married ME patients even decades of close contact with family does not transmit the disease. There are however some cluster outbreaks where many family members get sick. One was tracked to a genetic disorder. Other cases include up to seven members (the highest count I am aware of) getting the disease, but this was also across generations, including grandparents etc.

My experience with ME after 30 years of disease that is transmitted with the saliva, and the virus, and 'always on .... that can transmit the disease even after 30 since his debut .....

unto

Unfortunately it seems that discover this disease does not agree even to patients ..... false science has allowed us to give the explanation that most liked everyone, so have flourished a thousand etiologies ..... the most pleasant of course, are the genetic and the environmental / chemical ... both wrong because without evidence but mostly denied by the history of ME

Seven7

Seven
My experience with ME after 30 years of disease that is transmitted with the saliva, and the virus, and 'always on .... that can transmit the disease even after 30 since his debut .....
What about all of us married and with children. I come from a family where I told them not to use my utensils and it is in vain. So far nobody sick.

I do recognize the other thread people where they are contagious. But their symptomology is somewhat different and they usually got sick via some fluid. So I guess what I assume is if u got "cfs" soubgroup via fluid u can pass it that way. My personal opinion and observation I am no expert.

erin

There is also the possibility that the patient fails to notice have infected other persons 1) for lack of sensitivity 2) because the symptoms are milder 3) because the symptoms are different

Or because they do not want it may have to admit ...... it would be too painful ....

I don't really understand what you are saying and the way you're saying it. Why 3 different posts?

I find it very strange that any ME sufferer not noticing or admitting family members having ME. It is disturbing even to think something like this.

unto

@erin,
3 Several messages? If you're referring to 3 posts: Because I Writings them with the phone can not Translate Long messages

unto

If Your subconscious (or conscious almost) does not allow you to see the reality you will say, What That reality does not EXIST

erin

If Your subconscious (or conscious almost) does not allow you to see the reality you will say, What That reality does not EXIST

I guess one can and should only speak for themselves and although I don't know you at all, in your case I believe what you've just said above is true for you.

unto

[QUOTE="erin, post: 800326,

I find it very strange that any ME sufferer not noticing or admitting family members having ME. It is disturbing even to think something like this.[/QUOTE]

I I did experience of this Human Poverty (SIA on myself
Both of the other patients)

...... Sick of Me 'on, General, is very vulnerable to conflicts of interest ....

Last edited:

unto

The interests of the patient are: mainly those affecting the social life, both within the family and relatives of the circle, and outside with friends, colleagues, acquaintances ......

unto

A patient who has already lost much of their social life does everything to not miss the rest ..... can not stand the shame of having an infectious disease and the consequent marginalization .... can not stand the guilt he had forwarded the ME to those closest and dearest (children, spouses, boyfriends, relatives, friends ....)

unto

rich social relationships "delicate" plots, such as the family of origin of the partners, as friends of the children, like their partners .....
As you can guess there are many good reasons not to say "I have a contagious disease

alex3619

As you can guess there are many good reasons not to say "I have a contagious disease
Including not having a contagious disease. It seems likely there are pathogens that are transmissible, its unlikely they account for all cases, though in a given geographical zone they might be more prevalent.

The history of ME outbreaks tends to follow polio outbreaks, look a lot like enteroviral or Epstein Barr infections (and are associated with both), and the incidence of spread drops a lot when the infections stop. After that the incidence drops even more.

An emerging infection might be causing problems on its own, or it might be triggering ME, but that is not the same as being ME.

It would also have to be something completely new, which raises other possibilities ... it might not even be a virus. ME patients have been heavily screened for pathogens in research studies, though I think we have lacked adequate screening for fungal and uncommon pathogens such as rickettsia. As individuals many of us have missed infections, and for viruses these include HHV6 and cytomegalo virus. Inadequate testing methods are sometimes to blame for this, but a lot of the time its also because they were not tested for the specific pathogen. Its also possible doctors miss the significance of tests. Elevated antibody titres to, for example, HHV4 might be dismissed because "everyone has that" is the medical opinion.

The timeline after transmission is important because if there is a long delay then other possibilities arise, such as prions.

unto

Including not having a contagious disease. It seems likely there mi
The history of ME outbreaks tends to follow polio outbreaks, look a lot like enteroviral or Epstein Barr infections (and are associated with both), and the incidence of spread drops a lot when the infections stop. After that the incidence drops even more.

An emerging infection might be causing problems on its own, or it might be triggering ME, but that is not the same as being ME.

It would also have to be something completely new, which raises other possibilities ... it might not even be a virus. ME patients have been heavily screened for pathogens in research studies, though I think we have lacked adequate screening for fungal and uncommon pathogens rickettsia. As individuals many of us have missed infections, and for viruses these include HHV6 and cytomegalo virus. Inadequate testing methods are sometimes to blame for this, but a lot of the time its also because they were not tested for the specific pathogen. Its also possible doctors miss the significance of tests. Elevated antibody titres to, for example, HHV4 might be dismissed because "everyone has that" is the medical opinion

The timeline after transmission is important because if there is a long delay then other possibilities arise, such as prions.[/QUOTE

AFTER 60 years Since the first medical reports and said everything is on ME ...... It Can Be ME sufferers Even if you continue to sport rate .... You Can Be ME you sufferers anche in mild form and for now It is impossible to diagnose all ....

unto

AFTER 60 years Since the first medical reports
It is said of everything on ME........

It Can Be ME sufferers Even if you continue to sport rate .... You Can Be ME you sufferers anche in mild form and for now It is impossible to diagnose all ....