1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
In Brief: The Adrenal Glands and ME
The second in a new series of ‘In Brief’ articles, where Andrew Gladman provides a helpful insight into the science behind fairly common topics, exploring how they relate to ME/CFS. This time he discusses the adrenal glands and why they can be such a talking point ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

We are a powerful community, not a bunch of sick whiners

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by _Kim_, Dec 14, 2009.

1. alice1

alice1 Senior Member

Toronto
    I'm still amazed at how smart and efficient you all are.
    I think a new piece of info that comes out is on this site in five seconds.
    You do rock and I thankyou.
  2. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Wow, you would have your work cut out for you! :D

I speak pretty good Spanish...
  3. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    Japanese

I used to speak fluent Japanese . . . when I was seven . . . don't remember much now . . . except important words like oyatsu . . . (means between meal snack or afternoon refreshment) . . . not that this has anything to do with helping anyone, particularly any Japanese PWCs . . . but just saying . . . I used to speak fluent Japanese. :)
  4. shrewsbury

shrewsbury member

an international category?

What an exciting idea s50!

I've been musing on something like this for a while (waiting til after the holidays so that I can hopefully think beyond the basics). I know the UK people have been exploring the idea and ways of having a UK sub-group. I'd been thinking Canada needs one as I shockingly found out last month that some doctors in Canada don't even know about the Canadian Expert Consensus Documents and that it's not easy to find on Health Canada's site (search only). I felt like I'd been punched in the stomach hearing that! Know Carla-ni has been doing some European work. And that we have some Aussies and Kiwis, but don't know if they want an individual group.

Maybe something like an International forum, with each country or area being a sub-forum, then the groups can establish threads in each. Being the organizational freak that I am, I'd really like another level of category here eg relevant research, advocacy and alerts, fund-raising, etc - then threads within those sub sub forums.

islandfinn:)

5. Koan

Koan Be the change.

Ok, ok, you guys can take care of all the organized interaction...

but I want to have a club/bar in the lounge called 'The Tower' and there we would all communicate through Babel!

Imagine the hilarity!

:D

PS I can say: "Close your door, if you please." in Irish Gaelic.
  6. jackie

jackie Senior Member

Koan...I can say a phrase in Irish Gaelic (many years ago I took a class in the language at a community center and the student next to me was the next door neighbor of a budding young cartoonist named Matt Groening! HA!)

So....I was aquainted with an old Irish couple and I'd go sit in their backyard, we'd have tea and rock-hard Irish soda bread and onion sandwiches...and converse. And when I'd mispronounce - the old gentleman would holler at me "I'm a KERRY MAN...we don't say it that way!!!" (whatever the heck that meant:confused:)

And sometimes he'd get out either his fiddle or his accordian...and the old Lady and I would dance jigs and the man would yell "NO Shapin', now!". What
    do you suppose was meant by THAT?

Anyway......I don't remember what it means but this is what I can say PHOENETICALLY:"Tah me go mah...go'er re mah agut!" Hazard a guess???

Wish I could help with the "project"...but I can barely speak ONE language! (Maybe I could work in the Tower of Babel Bar?...be a Greeter?;))

BTW...I think I'm lost - what thread am I on?

jackie.....:) (I know......just go to bed:rolleyes:)

See more popular forum discussions.