The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

WBUR: In Test Tube, ‘Pulse-Doses’ Of Antibiotic Wipe Out Lyme Disease Bacteria Persisters

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Antares in NYC, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    This article sheds more light in the recent discovery from Dr. Kim Lewis at Northeastern, adding that they are going into animal testing soon, which could lead to verifiable protocols to treat persistent Lyme.

http://commonhealth.wbur.org/2015/06/lyme-disease-bacteria-persister-pulse

maryb and ahmo like this.
  2. msf

msf Senior Member

Promising stuff, but it won't necessarily get rid of the Borrelia that are located intracellularly, will it? I think liposomal antibiotics will be the crucial in this regard.

3. msf

msf Senior Member

4. msf

msf Senior Member

Before I fell ill I thought that, apart from super bugs, we had bacteria's number, whereas now I realise that we haven't learnt how to defeat them, but only how to stop them killing people quickly.

See more popular forum discussions.