Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version
Simon McGrath provides a patient-friendly version of a peer-reviewed paper which highlights some of the most promising biomedical research on ME/CFS ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Water soluble antioxidant, alternatives to vitamin C?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Unim, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Unim

Unim

Are there any alternatives to vitamin C as a water soluble antioxidant? I have spent the last few months trying every form and source of vitamin C and reacting badly to them all.

I would like to find one that would be comparable to taking 1g vitamin C four times per day. The higher the half life the better, but if it is cheap enough I wouldn't mind dosing frequently. Come to think of it I am not sure what the half life of vitamin C is...

I have read the half life of EGCg is a couple of hours, so am considering trying that. However, I don't know how to compare the dosage, nor if there are are any drawbacks like CYP inhibition.

2. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

Have you ever tried camu camu? I haven't, but it's supposed to have a lot of vitamin c.

Sparrowhawk and Unim like this.
  3. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    grape seed extract, reveratrol, lipoic acid which helps regenerate many other antioxidants in the body.

Unim likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.