1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Washington Post profile of Laura Hillenbrand

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by urbantravels, Nov 28, 2010.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
  2. shannah

shannah Senior Member

I just finished reading it as well. Very well written. Lengthy article - almost an educational ad for CFS in itself wasn't it.

3. OverTheHills

OverTheHills

New Zealand
    Oh dear (sniff, wipes away tear).

That article reminds me of my first outing after I got IT. My partner took me for a ride in the car and we stopped somewhere with a good long, green view of hills. And opened the car doors so I could smell outside air. Then back home to lie down and rest. Only someone who has really got IT would understand how small the pleasures and the acheivements have to be.

Well done to Laura and Monica for writing the article (couldn't see anywhere to leave comments).
    OTH

4. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Comments can be left underneath the picture of Laura - a couple of boxes down in the centre of the page.

5. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    that's a great article; thanks for posting :D

That part where he sent her a purple heart was very touching!

6. laura

laura Senior Member

Southern California
    Thanks for posting such a great article.

I'd read another article about Hillenbrand and her new book, but this one is better, it describes cfs so well... especially that core experience we all have of not being able to engage with the world, having life pass us by...

I hope many people read the article!

See more popular forum discussions.