• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Washington Post: " Dangerous unproven treatments for ‘chronic Lyme disease’ are on the rise"

Gingergrrl

Still, if you have your ear to the Lyme rail, you can hear the IVIG vibrations reverberate.

I had no idea and was just guessing when I asked that question but it makes a lot of sense. I know nothing about the different tests or political issues but was just thinking to myself that IVIG could be so beneficial to the immune system and increase the chances that someone with Lyme could mount a defense to fight it. Hoping it will change in the future so it is easier for Lyme patients to get to try IVIG (but I have no idea if this is reality based)?

HowToEscape?

I really don't understand a chronic lyme treatment. It seems to me that if someone has chronic lyme, it would be due to a weakened or dysfunctional immune system. Most people's immune system clears it on there own, without intervention. If they don't, that suggests to me, an immune system problem.

..........?

"Most people's immune system clears it on there own, without intervention."

That's a new one. I think a great way to get long-term Lyme disease effects would be blowing off a doctors visit and waiting for your system to clear it by itself. But I'm no genius and I don't know anything special.

ljimbo423

"Most people's immune system clears it on there own, without intervention."

That's a new one. I think a great way to get long-term Lyme disease effects would be blowing off a doctors visit and waiting for your system to clear it by itself. But I'm no genius and I don't know anything special.

I don't know where I heard that, I just assumed it was true. In the United States, there are about 30,000 known cases a year. Most likely there are many, many others that don't get reported, because people think they have a bad flu or something.

To think that all those people that don't get treatment, would get chronic lyme, is a very frightening thing!:eek::eek: I certainly would get treated if I got lyme, in a hurry!:)

HowToEscape?

I don't know where I heard that, I just assumed it was true. In the United States, there are about 30,000 known cases a year. Most likely there are many, many others that don't get reported, because people think they have a bad flu or something.

To think that all those people that don't get treatment, would get chronic lyme, is a very frightening thing!:eek::eek: I certainly would get treated if I got lyme, in a hurry!:)

HowToEscape?

Well I was being a bit flip.
I actually have no idea whether Lyme commonly might clear by itself without treatment. But the cases that don't clear up quickly get really nasty, and it seems to have miserable aftereffects for some people. So if I thought I had it I'd jump and use whatever is available to knock it out, even if there's a chance that it would clear on its own.