1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
California Conference Season 2014: Stanford Presents - Advances in Clinical Care and Translation...
The 2014 conference season began yesterday at Stanford, home of Dr. Jose Montoya and his team, and searcher was there to provide a live commentary on the presentations from an all-star line-up of clinicians and scientists and which featured some exciting new developments on the...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Warts and immunity?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Ocean, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    I wrote about this elsewhere too but not sure if many saw it. I read warts are from a virus and have to do with the immune system not being able to fight off the virus? Is there any connection between getting warts and CFS? Could IVIG treatment for immune deficiency also help prevent or fight off warts?
  2. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Hampton, NH
    If my memory serves me well, warts are from viruses. think genital warts (yuck!). Not familiar with IVIG treatment.

GG
  3. Ocean

Ocean Senior Member

U.S.
    Yes when I looked it up it says they are from viruses and are contagious which I never knew. IVIG is treatment with some blood product for those who are deficient in some immune factors in their blood (something like that). I read many carry the virus for warts but only some get actual warts, usually those with weaker immune systems. I wasn't sure if those with CFS are more susceptible because of that.
    Allyson likes this.
  4. Allyson

Allyson Senior Member

Australia, Melbourne

not all warts are form viruses Ocean; I have seen warts listed as an EDS symptom only once so unveriffied symptom ried but I had a few on my hands removed over the years.

the non-contagious ones i have are called senile veruccas and they are tottaly flat - like a cell divided into 4 but asthey multiplly ift gives a wrinked effect on the skin fomr them all.
    They are on my hands, forearms, calves - sunexposed areas and also on my upper thighs which rarely get sun exposure

looking into seeing if they are really EDS symptoms or not - makes sense that they would be.

cheers,
    Ally
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Warts are only caused by various types of HPV (human papilloma virus) which target skin tissue. So warts reappearing might be connected with ME due to latent infections becoming active as a result of immune dysfunction.

EDS is a genetic connective tissue disorder, so there'd be little or no connection between warts and EDS.
  6. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I've got two small warts on my hand. I have been wondering the same thing about ME/CFS and the immune system - I suspect there is a link.
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.