1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Warning Signs: When to STOP

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Sushi, Jan 16, 2012.

1. hurtingallthetimet

hurtingallthetimet Senior Member

thanks for info maybe it will also help someone who needs help getting shopping done...i dont know if i live close to any of those places but i will check...honestly if it iddnt cost much and a store would let someone send in a list and do the shopping and deliver that wouild be heaven sent...i usually just go to walmart sometimes kroger but i think it has more to do with my comfort zone and all the anxietys and phobias...i hate the panic attacks where i feel dizzy and sweaty and going to passout...i do try hard as a rabbit though i may look crazy as one too throwing things on checkout and in car and walking as fast as i can...

then i get home and take medications and collapse...what fun shopping trips...i use to actually love shopping even for grocerys...

2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    Hell...Hath...No...Fury, I really appreciate your understanding and sympathy--also the glimpse of your experience with excess conversation! And Dreambirdie, thank you for your sympathy too, and the great example of an assertive step. I want to remember this example and to practice some lines I can use. I think that taking an immediate step of a deep breath, or going to the bathroom, to gather my wits about how to handle the situation would also really help. People often don't respond positively at first, maybe they never do, but that is no excuse for my not being assertive--and hopefully in a neutral or positive way. It helps me to remember too that I am being inauthentic in the conversation from the moment I realize that it isn't working for me, either because it is too long, too loud, too detailed, too negative, etc. It takes takes that clear, firm behavior that Cesar Milan (the Dog Whisperer)is always enjoining his audience and clients to take with their dogs! However, dogs come around with respect a lot faster than thwarted human beings do.

3. penny

penny Senior Member

Southern California
    You might want to check your local groceries website's to see if any of them have delivery services. Vons (a grocery store in my area) delivers but I didn't know that till a (healthy) co-worker told me she had her groceries delivered (because she didn't have a car). There is a fee, but I don't think it's too much (she wasn't rich or an extravagant spender), and they sometimes have a special with free delivery for new users.

4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    I think most dogs have much smaller (and healthier) egos than people. On the evolutionary scale, humans are a the MOST immature species on the planet. And it shows!

5. SOC

SOC Senior Member

USA
    One of my local groceries (Schnucks) picks and delivers from a list of available products online. It only cost $12 last time I did it.

See more popular forum discussions.