1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

War at Wikipedia

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Levi, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Thanks.
    I can certainly understand where you are coming from also and in most occasions in my life, if GET and CBT based on GET (or other psychobabble) is promoted for ME/CFS in an inaccurate manner, the person/institution/whatever gets a major black mark for in my eyes (as Wiki does to an extent in this case)

2. Knackered

Knackered Guest

Wikipedia.

I've noticed there's a lot of misinformation on Wikipedia, anyone can edit articles so I wonder whether we should change articles that represent us incorrectly.

For example the XMRV article states:

And makes no reference to the WPI statement regarding different methods used to detect the virus. There are other articles like this too, maybe we could post links to the articles about our illness that aren't written as they should be so we can edit them so they represent us and our illness correctly.

3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

4. Carrigon

Carrigon Senior Member

PA, USA
    Is this still going on? They refused to remove the bogus info on actress Maren Jensen. Someone had written that she had "recovered" from CFIDS/ME. She never did. The source I had said she may be dead now. But there was never one shred of proof she recovered. Like anyone can put anything they want in there and the people who are in charge at Wikipedia do as they please.

5. Angela Kennedy

Angela Kennedy *****

Essex, UK
  6. Adam

Adam *****

Sheffield UK
    Hi Angela

I read your correspondence with Kings College. I think you are very brave and determined. I hope one day you get some redress. In the meantime I wish you and your daughter well.

Perhaps one day someone will write our story. If they do, your battle with Wikipedia and the issue with Simon Wessely over defamation with warrant more than just a mention.

kind regards

Adam

See more popular forum discussions.