Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Wanted 23andme intl invoice

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Gondwanaland, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

A friend of mine sent me a 23andme kit from the US. Now I need a customs declaration to send my sample. I would be thankful if someone could provide a scanned copy of it via private conversation.

2. Gondwanaland

I found a model for customs declaration online, form CN 22. I am drafting an invoice to send my tube and would like to know what is to be written in the field "detailed description of contents"?

3. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    My sample was sent from UK via DHL and 23andme provided all the packing and paperwork.
    23andme description of the contents was:
    EXEMPT HUMAN SPECIMEN
    VALUE FOR CUSTOMS 15 USD

Gondwanaland likes this.
  4. Gondwanaland

5. Gondwanaland

I just realized that what I need is how to word the invoice, so I changed this topic's title accordingly.

Again, I will be very thankful if anyone could help me with that.

izzy

6. Gondwanaland

Does anyone remember what else is needed ?

Thanks in advance

izzy

7. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    It might be better if you contact 23andme customer service about the problem.

https://customercare.23andme.com/hc...turning-your-sample-to-the-lab-international-
    ( you can email them at the end of page if your query is not answered.)

They normally only accept samples from the country it was originally shipped to which in your case is presumably the US.

I think the procedure about customers giving kits to friends directly is only to US customers, when there will be no customs and invoices etc.

If anybody wants kits for International friends I think you give the name and address to 23andme and they send the kit out and all the paperwork, including commercial invoices and DHL waybill with customs declaration( including $100 worth of insurance.) This way the whole thing is standardised.

I could be wrong but thats as I understand it.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  8. Gondwanaland

Thanks again @liverock . I am going to send it back to my friend, but this is a bad timing anyway with all the Ebola scare :(

See more popular forum discussions.