• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Walking on eggshells: PCR assays for XMRV detection

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Thanks for posting that link, Jemal! It was interesting to read an article that seemed to be interested in presenting all the data about what's going on with the conflicting research studies on XMRV.

My favorite quote:

And if contamination was the issue, it would have affected all the blinded samples at WPI, not just the CFS patient samples. The head of our Immunology Department congratulated me on being able to not contaminate the controls and only contaminate the patient samples in literally the thousands that weve done now, says Mikovits.

Great article. The only think I missed was the mention of found antibodies (which should instantly rule out any possible contamination?)