1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Walking" my litte dog

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Sallysblooms, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I wanted to give it another try today. I walked my little dog. I had done it once before, but holding the leash was hard. So, a neighbor saw me and told me I should put something around my waist. I had tied another leash to the w.chair so I untied it and put it around my waist. Then I could handle the chair. I have CFS, but that is doing fine, my POTS keeps me from walking. I can walk, but not for a long distance without getting sick. My hubby came out to check on me and took a picture. He usually pushes me and I walk her, but I have been wanting to go alone. I can't go far, ha. It is not easy to push the chair. I get so winded with POTS. Anyway, it was nice. Happy pup too.:wheelchair::victory:

[​IMG]
  2. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    Good for you Sally! Glad you got outside. :) Thanks for the picture.
  3. Sallysblooms

Southern USA
    Well, I went to church and out to eat with hubby first! That was nice. I just like to attempt things on my own as long as my husband is home, ha.
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    great you got a wee walk :)
    I'm "Moderate" so I can walk my dog about 400 to 800 yards once a day, depending on how I feel
    Adore my dogs, they've helped hugely over the years, currently have a mad collie cross, hehe :)
  5. Gknee

Gknee

What a great picture!
  6. Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle

New Jersey, U.S.
    Wonderful! Where there's a will there's a way ... (Well, not always ... but glad you found a way!) I get a lot of "therapy" from my dogs too. So much love. And they're the best teachers for me: they're always in the now, always happy, positive, always happy to see me :) Even my chihuahua-mix who's mostly blind in his one eye-- he doesn't know he's "disabled"-- never complains... Thanks for sharing your story and photo!
  7. Sallysblooms

Southern USA
    Hubby pushes me usually. My doggie loves to walk and sit with me too!!! I can walk in the house, just not far, like on a walk. I am getting better. I can't wait to walk like I used to.

[​IMG]

See more popular forum discussions.