• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"Walking" my litte dog

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I wanted to give it another try today. I walked my little dog. I had done it once before, but holding the leash was hard. So, a neighbor saw me and told me I should put something around my waist. I had tied another leash to the w.chair so I untied it and put it around my waist. Then I could handle the chair. I have CFS, but that is doing fine, my POTS keeps me from walking. I can walk, but not for a long distance without getting sick. My hubby came out to check on me and took a picture. He usually pushes me and I walk her, but I have been wanting to go alone. I can't go far, ha. It is not easy to push the chair. I get so winded with POTS. Anyway, it was nice. Happy pup too.:wheelchair::victory:

wheelingbutterfly.jpg

Sallysblooms

Well, I went to church and out to eat with hubby first! That was nice. I just like to attempt things on my own as long as my husband is home, ha.

Wonderful! Where there's a will there's a way ... (Well, not always ... but glad you found a way!) I get a lot of "therapy" from my dogs too. So much love. And they're the best teachers for me: they're always in the now, always happy, positive, always happy to see me :) Even my chihuahua-mix who's mostly blind in his one eye-- he doesn't know he's "disabled"-- never complains... Thanks for sharing your story and photo!

Sallysblooms

Hubby pushes me usually. My doggie loves to walk and sit with me too!!! I can walk in the house, just not far, like on a walk. I am getting better. I can't wait to walk like I used to.

DSCN0334fi500jpgframe.jpg