1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

"Walking" my litte dog

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Sallysblooms, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Sallysblooms

Sallysblooms P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!

Southern USA
    I wanted to give it another try today. I walked my little dog. I had done it once before, but holding the leash was hard. So, a neighbor saw me and told me I should put something around my waist. I had tied another leash to the w.chair so I untied it and put it around my waist. Then I could handle the chair. I have CFS, but that is doing fine, my POTS keeps me from walking. I can walk, but not for a long distance without getting sick. My hubby came out to check on me and took a picture. He usually pushes me and I walk her, but I have been wanting to go alone. I can't go far, ha. It is not easy to push the chair. I get so winded with POTS. Anyway, it was nice. Happy pup too.:wheelchair::victory:

[​IMG]
  2. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    Good for you Sally! Glad you got outside. :) Thanks for the picture.
  3. Sallysblooms

Southern USA
    Well, I went to church and out to eat with hubby first! That was nice. I just like to attempt things on my own as long as my husband is home, ha.
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    great you got a wee walk :)
    I'm "Moderate" so I can walk my dog about 400 to 800 yards once a day, depending on how I feel
    Adore my dogs, they've helped hugely over the years, currently have a mad collie cross, hehe :)
  5. Gknee

Gknee

What a great picture!
  6. Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle

New Jersey, U.S.
    Wonderful! Where there's a will there's a way ... (Well, not always ... but glad you found a way!) I get a lot of "therapy" from my dogs too. So much love. And they're the best teachers for me: they're always in the now, always happy, positive, always happy to see me :) Even my chihuahua-mix who's mostly blind in his one eye-- he doesn't know he's "disabled"-- never complains... Thanks for sharing your story and photo!
  7. Sallysblooms

Southern USA
    Hubby pushes me usually. My doggie loves to walk and sit with me too!!! I can walk in the house, just not far, like on a walk. I am getting better. I can't wait to walk like I used to.

[​IMG]

See more popular forum discussions.