1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Walking like a zombie

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by ramkishore, Aug 10, 2014.

1. ramkishore

ramkishore

Hello everyone

I took this benfothaimine vitamin B1 which is fat soluble lastg 3 days ago and the first two days I didn't get up at all and on day 3 I am walking like a zombie.

Can somebody give the rationale? I am so puzzled. I thought only GABA can do it if there is a Leaky BBB.

Please forum get me out of this state of mind. Its horrible thing i experienced in my life till date.
    Eagerly awaiting your reply.

@caledonia

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    How much did you take @ramkishore

3. ramkishore

ramkishore

Just 50mg Brenda

4. brenda

brenda Senior Member

UK
    @ramkishore

Sorry I cannot answer, but you might find someone on Dr Yasko's forum as they use B1 a lot for ASD's who also react strongly when taking it. Any chance you may be ASD?

5. Hello ramkishore- I experienced what felt like serious detox symptoms taking regular vitamin B-1, at about 200 mg a day, so I stopped it and a day or so later was fine. I did some reading on it and the best explanation I could find was that vitamin B-1 is needed for acetylation in the liver. Acetylation is part of the phase 2 detoxification pathway in the liver. So maybe you are experiencing detox symptoms. Jim

ramkishore likes this.
  6. ramkishore

ramkishore

Yaa I have
    Yaa I have MTHFR A1298C Heterozygous and mercury poisioned also. You can see my signature for other mutations. New thing I am guessing is leaky BBB.
    Please let me know your thought.

7. ramkishore

ramkishore

Thanks Jim. Its really good explanation.Its fitting so close...so close.

See more popular forum discussions.