• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

VOVO LIPS test... What happened?

Cheesus

I've been looking into Lyme testing, and I have come across a number of articles from around 2010 which talk about a test called VOVO LIPS that has 98-100% accuracy in diagnosing Lyme. However, it seems to have dropped off the face of the earth! I came across one resource from 2011 saying that it was too expensive for labs to switch over to it, but surely something has started up since then? It would become the one and only place to get Lyme testing.

Does anyone know what happened to this test?

Cheesus

It's all about money. It makes me so mad! Here we have something that could test not only whether or not you have Lyme with almost 100% precision, but also the extent of infection and the efficacy of treatment, yet it is just too much effort and money to implement.

Given that it is about money I can understand why labs in America haven't adopted this - the American model of medicine is all about the cash incentive. Yet there is no excuse for NICE and the NHS, particularly as that article says 25 studies have been done on it (and that was in 2012). So much for their credo of 'evidence based medicine'.