• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest.

frenchtulip

988 votes! In 12th place! Doing very well--We are in the top 20 in the large-prize division and in line to qualify! When we reach 1,000 votes, the Nat'l ME/FM Action Network will be entered in the Wild Card drawing. There will be 20 Wild Card winners in Qualifying Round 1. Each winner will receive $1,000! Let's hope we win one!

snowathlete

Why not provide the link in the reminder to help ensure people do not forget, and it just simplifies things!

GG

Vote number 780!

That's how I've done it, the reminder goes out each day by email with the link in it so that it's nice and quick for people. I checked and can see you signed up, but it looks like you selected not to get the email notification but only to be a member of the googlegroup. If you selected that by accident and actually do want to get the email reminders then let me know and I'll change that setting for you. :thumbsup:

*GG*

That's how I've done it, the reminder goes out each day by email with the link in it so that it's nice and quick for people. I checked and can see you signed up, but it looks like you selected not to get the email notification but only to be a member of the googlegroup. If you selected that by accident and actually do want to get the email reminders then let me know and I'll change that setting for you. :thumbsup:

Not sure, what is the drawback to being in the group?

GG

Gingergrrl

I just registered and it said it would send me a confirmation email so I could vote but so far I did not receive the email. I tried several times. Bummer and I really wanted to vote!

Gingergrrl

I am not on Facebook and tried again. It keeps saying it sent me a confirmation email but I am not getting it. Oh well. Computer stuff never works for me like it does for others!

Gingergrrl

Today I got two e-mails from Aviva to confirm my registration (which I was trying to do last night) so I clicked on them. I then tried to log-in to vote but it told me it was not valid and would not let me log in and I definitely typed the correct password! I think this was just not meant to be for me but I really wanted to vote and do my part. Bummer.

snowathlete

Not sure, what is the drawback to being in the group?

GG

For clarity, there are two reminder services available.

The first option, is to register with ME FM Action Network directlhy and they will send you a reminder for this competition only (and perhaps other competitions that they themselves are taking part in). You can sign up to this reminder service by sending an email to office@mefmaction.com and asking them to add you to their list.

The second option is to register for a reminder service which sends reminders to ALL competitions, that ANY ME charity is taking part in now and in the future. You can do that here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/me-cfs-charity-competitions-voting-reminder-service

@ggingues, I think you registered for the second option recently - at least I assume it is you because the person registered as "gg" but when this person registered they selected an option which means they will not get the email reminders. If this is you and you want me to change your setting so that you get the emails, then please let me know.

Whether you chose to sign up to one of these reminder services, or not, you will still have to sign up on the Aviva site (or sign in with your Facebook account) in order to vote. The reminder services are simple an email to remind you to vote, so you don't forget.

Hope that helps

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Today I got two e-mails from Aviva to confirm my registration (which I was trying to do last night) so I clicked on them. I then tried to log-in to vote but it told me it was not valid and would not let me log in and I definitely typed the correct password! I think this was just not meant to be for me but I really wanted to vote and do my part. Bummer.

Did you have caps lock on (the only thing I can think of!)? What if you copy and paste the password?