1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vote Once, from Anywhere! Win £2,000 for Invest in ME

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't know how to quote so...

Sasha: Yes, I've never really noticed the 'what's new' button, which is a bit embarrassing! Personally, I only really read the forums - and when I'm feeling particularly tired, I usually just go for the first two (general discussion and latest research) or else I feel a bit overwhelmed.

Having said that, I will certainly use all of these options from now on - they seem pretty useful!

Merry: Thanks for your extremely helpful post!
    Merry and Sasha like this.
  2. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Finally I just want to say well done, once again, to the ME/CFS community for amazing effort - we've stormed ahead, and now lead by 172 votes! That means we've widened the gap by 51 votes!

1) Invest in ME - 2753
    2) Sands - 2581
    3) 2143

Only two more days left - one last push and we've won!
    snowathlete, Merry and Sasha like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Still doing amazingly well - we're 2,773, Sands is 2,581 so we're 192 ahead!

However, last week they pulled in an extra 300 on the Monday morning, I seem to remember reading, so we can't be complacent.

If you haven't voted or asked your friends to vote, do it now! :)
  4. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Yes they will push tomorrow, so I think we need to find more votes if we want to come in first! SO VOTE VOTE VOTE if you haven't yet, and do make the extra effort to tell your family and friends. You can also tweet and share this on facebook using the buttons at the bottom of this post.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Still looking good - we're still in 1st place with 2,796 and Sands have 2,582 so they're 214 votes behind.

Not safe enough though - especially if they make a post-weekend comeback like last time.

Vote if you haven't already! Get your friends to vote too!
    snowathlete likes this.
  6. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    If I were them I would push for votes later today so that we don't have time to respond. It would be good if we could find some more votes.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I agree - I always wonder where these groups get a big surge of votes from - some of them in some contests do it over and over again. Mind you, so do we sometimes - I assume that's you and the fundraising group mailing another load of people! :)
  8. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Yes, people in the fundraising group have been working hard, posting on facebook pages of ME/CFS groups, etc. It does help. It would be great if we won this.
    Sasha likes this.
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The CFS Patient Advocate's latest post on his blog is a terrific advert for Invest in ME's conferences (which he travels from the US to attend) and shows clearly why they're so well worth supporting - with your VOTE! :)

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/fish-or-cut-bait_29.html

If you haven't voted yet or asked your friends to do so, please do it now - voting ends tomorrow (presumably at midnight-ish UK time, but I don't know). There's still time for Sands to stage a comeback - they have done so several times already! :eek:
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Argh! Sands making their move! Argh! :eek:

We're leading with 2,828 to their 2,773 - they're only 55 behind! They've pulled back about 150 votes in a few hours. :eek::eek::eek:

Have we got any more votes in the locker?
  11. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    not that I know of. I will ask the fundraising group, see if there is anything to be done. Well done for spotting the march!
  12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's insomnia for you. :confused:

I hope the fundraising group can pull a few more votes out of the hat! At least the US and Canada and Oz will still be awake. Maybe some votes there...
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    12 votes! The final day's voting and we're behind Sands by 12 votes! :eek::eek::eek:

The others are in the dust, it's just us and Sands. We get £1,000 in second but we want the £2,000 for first place!
  14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're two votes behind now! :alien:

(I know that's an alien smiley but he looks so excited!)
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're having our own surge now!

We're in 1st place with 2,989, Sands have 2,942 - we're 47 ahead! :alien::alien::alien:
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Our surge forward got bigger in the last couple of hours - we're ahead with 3,094 to Sands's 2,965 - we're 129 ahead! :alien:

I don't know where those extra votes came from but I'm very grateful for them! :)

But we've got to keep this up til midnight! :eek:
    snowathlete likes this.
  17. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Sands are closing - we're a bare 83 ahead now and there are 7 hours til midnight! :eek:

Vote, if you haven't!
    snowathlete likes this.
  18. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    yes 80 odd votes is unlikely to be enough to keep us in first place because I expect SANDS will have a surge later on today. So, if you haven't emailed your friends/family yet then please do so now!
    Also, if you have already facebooked it, great, but if you have the energy then use facebook messenger to check with your supportive contacts to see if they have voted yet - many are willing, but just need a bit of prompting!
    Sasha likes this.
  19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    4 hours til midnight and we're 3,279, they're 3,214 - only 65 in it. :eek::eek::eek:
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're leading by only 3 votes! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Only two and a half hours to go, if they're stopping at midnight UK time.

If you haven't voted, NOWWWWW!
    snowathlete likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.