1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vote Once, from Anywhere! Win £2,000 for Invest in ME

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Mark, Apr 17, 2013.

1. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    A real achievement I think, that we have managed to find more than 2,000 individual supporters of this compeition so far. And a Facebook/Google+ comp. no less.

Sasha and Battery Muncher like this.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, these are storming numbers - a great reflection on the fundraising group who've helped to build up this level of support in the short space of time that these online contests have been going.

However, we're up against groups with strong local support - as an international crowd, we could smash every contest we entered if we can get everyone voting. These days they'd be jumping onto a fast-rolling bandwagon! All very encouraging. :)

Battery Muncher and snowathlete like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Ay yay yay - we're back in second, by about 100 votes - Sands is leading with 2,309, we've got 2,206.

We need more votes!

4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Still second place today: Sands have 2,496, we've got 2,352 so we're 144 behind just now.

More votes! We need more votes! And their friends!

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Sands still leading but we both seem to have slowed at the rate at which we're gaining votes (just my impression, I'm not being scientific about it - not actually counting!). They're 2,546, we're 2,415 so they're 50 up and we're 63 up.

If we can bag some more votes from somewhere, first place is still doable.

6. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    we already have aroudn 2500 individual votes, which is chronically awesome. AND we are only about 65 behind Sands, so we can definately still win this.

7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Are we? We've caught up quite a bit, then. :)

Only five more voting days to go - this contest finishes at the end of April (Tuesday).

snowathlete likes this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Really close now! Sands with 2,559, IiME have 2,534 - we're only 25 votes behind! 25 votes!

Argh! Argh!

Have you voted yet? Then now, now, now! :)

Tell your friends!

9. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    We are ahead - even the alphabet supports us...we got 30 odd votes in the time SANDS got none so lets keep it up!

justy and Sasha like this.
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    This is brilliant - we're 2,648 now and Sands are 2,562 - 86 ahead! :)

Just four more days... argh... close... it's close...

snowathlete likes this.
  11. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Thats great, they dropped behind over the weekend too, so lets hope we pull ahead over the coming days. I expect a rally from them on Monday so we need to get as far ahead as we possibly can!

Sasha likes this.
  12. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    BTW - I dont know if the Norwegian competition got posted on PR or not? But we won that one too!!!

13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, I think we must have cross-posted - great, isn't it! $5,000 for the Canadian ME/FM Network, $4,300 for MEandYou and with any luck we might bag this one too!

14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're even further ahead, by 121 votes, but we're still not safe - we've got 2,687, Sands have 2,568.

Third place is quite some way behind at 2,130.

Voting finishes on Tuesday (April 30) - still all to play for.

This is great, that our community has producted nearly 3,000 votes, particularly when you consider that you can only vote one per household and it's Facebook/Google-only. Very impressive.

Battery Muncher and snowathlete like this.
  15. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    yes we need to get more votes, we're in the home stretch and we mustnt get complacent, so if you havent votes yet, then please do so now. And tell your friends!!!

Battery Muncher likes this.
  16. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Wow this is really good - a belated well done to all involved! To be honest, I didn't even know about these competitions or else I'd have voted!

Perhaps we could make it a convention to cross post all competitions in the "general discussion" forum? There are a lot of forums on PR, and it's easy to miss things if you don't check regularly.

17. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Battery Muncher, thanks for your interest. You could use the Watch Forum function to get posts from the Fundraising subforum. I have not used this function myself. [Edit: Having said that, it looks like this contest doesn't have a thread in the Fundraising subforum but only in Phoenix Rising Articles.]

Snowathlete has set up a contest reminder service: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/free-me-cfs-competition-voting-reminders.22105/ I haven't read through the thread so am not sure if this service was just for one contest.

Everyone's welcome, of course, to join the Facebook ME ME/CFS Fundraising Group. Here's the thread Eric started on the subject:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ne-contests-fundraising-info-in-post-1.11803/

See the Trophy Wall to get an idea of how much money we've raised already for ME charities:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ings-in-online-contests-list-in-post-2.12440/

Battery Muncher likes this.
  18. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi Battery Muncher - sorry you missed it/them!

I suppose it is quite confusing because some threads are articles on our main page (so have banner headline at the top of every forum page while they're the most recent article) while some threads are articles in the fundraising section. If we're going to cross-post, we should cross-post to the fundraising subforum, probably.

19. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Battery Muncher, Merry and Sasha like this.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    By the way, do you use the 'What's new' tab on the forums? We post quite frequently on these competition threads - at least a couple of times a day - to try to keep bumping the thread title up the forum list of 'what's new'.

We also run an article at the start of most of the competitions, on the front page of Phoenix Rising - do you look at the articles regularly?

Just curious about how other people use the forum! Apparently a lot of people have never noticed the 'What's new' button, for example, and a lot of people read the front-page articles but never visit the forums.

See more popular forum discussions.