1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 2 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. This second article in a 2-Part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS....
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vote Now, Vote Daily, Vote from Anywhere - Photo Finish in the Nature's Bounty Charity Contest!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    We are now 1040 votes behind 3rd place. Reach for the Rainbow is getting over 2000 more vote/day than we are. If more of their people start voting for us, they could wipe that lead out quickly.
  2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Final straight - voting ends on Friday!

• REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO49752
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society46603
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY23006
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK22047
    • SENIOR ANIMALS IN NEED TODAY SOCIETY11312
    Valentijn likes this.
  3. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    We got more votes than the birds did in the last approximately 24 hours! The gap is closing. :sluggish:

ETA: We had a noticable increase in the number of votes, so Reach for the Rainbow must be voting for us. It might be good if someone on Facebook would note this on their FB page and thank them (and ask more of them to vote).
    Sasha likes this.
  4. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

and please vote for Australian health
    election year
    ABC election concerns
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/elections/federal/2013/votecompass/
    survey
    my points are
    Lyme disease
    Medical Malpractise
    greed in Australia
    Both parties are incompetent

Government lives in 1902
    [​IMG]
    Vote Compass
    www.abc.net.au
    ABC News is launching an interactive online application to help voters engage on important policy issues during the coming federal election campaign.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Hi GA - you might want to start a new thread on that - I suspect that by this time, it's a relatively small number of hardcore Nature's Bounty voters on this thread, mostly bumping it to keep it visible on the forums to remind people to vote. I don't think many people will see your request here.
    GcMAF Australia likes this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just voted...

We're about 840 behind - this time yesterday it was 960 behind. A slight closing of the gap - don't know if both we and the birds are picking up speed - I haven't been monitoring the daily vote increase.

• REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO53597
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society50446
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY24376
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK23547
    • SENIOR ANIMALS IN NEED TODAY SOCIETY11849
    snowathlete and Valentijn like this.
  7. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I just voted!
  8. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Now we are 980 votes behind the birds.
  9. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    I have been monitoring the daily vote changes for the past few days. We and the birds got about the same number of votes in the last 24 hours, down for both of us, so we are about the same number of votes apart. Voting for Reach for the Rainbow was down even more.
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just voted, and we're still 860 down but it ain't over til it's over and only two more days to go:

• REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO56740
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society53517
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY25677
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK24811
    • SENIOR ANIMALS IN NEED TODAY SOCIETY12381
  11. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    Throughout the contest, I have suspected that would be the case re: the background level of voting. It's very strange. Whenever we've boosted our vote and overtaken them, increasing our daily vote, there has been a response within 24 hours which looks almost as if they've conjured 100, 200 or in this case 1000 one-off votes out of thin air. Then, the gap remains constant, and the daily voting levels remain about the same for both of us. It wouldn't surprise me if the final tally were adjusted significantly from what we see on the leaderboard right now.
    Valentijn likes this.
  12. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    i agree Mark, assuming the bounty are bothered about reviewing the votes and adjusting it. lets hope they do
    Valentijn likes this.
  13. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Which begs the question, why not conjure another load and bag the $20k first prize?

All very weird. :ill:
  14. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    We got about 100 more votes that the birds yesterday. (We had an increase, they stayed the same.) That means that the gap closed by about 100 votes. They are still about 900 votes ahead of us.
    Sasha likes this.
  15. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    we all need to remember that we also have almost 30,000 ballots into the random draw.
    Some screenshots of people mentioning voting with multiple accounts were sent to the sponsor (one even mentioned voting 50 times and making new accounts as he did). Whether the sponsor chooses to address it or not is another matter.
    In the end, whatever happens, we had integrity in this contest, and that is worth a lot too.
  16. Little Bluestem

Midwest, USA
    The site now says that the votes are being reviewed, rather than counted.
    Valentijn likes this.
  17. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    snowathlete likes this.
  18. WillowJ

WillowJ Senior Member

WA, USA
    The sponsor has been contacted and supplied with screenshots. I am not sure flooding them with mail is the wisest course at this point in time. helen41, what do you think ?
  19. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Just to note, Nature's Bounty does log your IP address when visiting their site. Every time a voting ballot was filled out and submitted, the IP address attached to the email address would have been logged. So for all the people that were cheating using multiple email addresses, if they did this without using some kind of software that hides your IP, they will be caught and their votes should be disqualified.

I have a screen shot of the votes at 11:59 when the voting was supposed to be over and will be interested to compare it to their final official tally.

I think we really don't need to advise them of any cheating because they have been advised and their review will hopefully deal with the cheaters.

Kina.
  20. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    I just wanted to add, I started a conversation with the people at Nature's Bounty regarding the issue of cheating at about week 3. I just received a reply from them that said:

That's a very positive response.

See more popular forum discussions.