1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vote Now, Vote Daily, Vote from Anywhere - Photo Finish in the Nature's Bounty Charity Contest!

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I've been voting every day too. It is noteworthy what "our crowd" of organizations seeking help is, what company we are keeping: animal welfare and programs for kids with disabilities.
  2. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    We are nearly 300 votes behind again :(
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We've come back from that far down before - let's keep going! Just eight more days now and I suspect that those birds will lose quite a few votes when Nature's Bounty check at the end.
    :cat:
    Valentijn likes this.
  4. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    • REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO 37827
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society 37143
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY 18548
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK 18061

Flippiing heck what's going on??
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Your guess is as good as mine! The PR newsletter will be going out soon, if it hasn't already - we're featuring the contest reminder. That should help.
  6. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    The newsletter went out more than 24 hours ago I'm afraid. It looks to me like the animal charities have also started voting for each other as well and that's worsened our position; it's not looking good for the humans at the moment...although we seem to have boosted Reach for the Rainbow a bit which is good.
    snowathlete and Valentijn like this.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I'm hopeful that the humans will come out ahead once the votes are cleaned up - and now the Rainbow charity have sent an email to their members asking them to support us so we could be laughing. We just have to keep on trucking!
    SickOfSickness and snowathlete like this.
  8. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    Latest stats for the last 24 hours show that our vote rate hasn't really gone up.
  9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    The email only just went out, though - I hope we might see something in the upcoming 24 hours. :)

I am every hopeful!
    Valentijn likes this.
  10. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    • REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO 38556
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society 37803
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY 18722
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK 18219
  11. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    It's weird how we are now back at a nearly exact 500 deficit as opposed to the consistent 100 deficit we've been at for the last week or so. And the gap between 1st and 2nd seems to have widened by about the same margin. I still can't figure out what's going on here...
  12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Me neither. But weird is weird and what's weird might well get removed at the end in the vote-cleaning process by Nature's Bounty. :cool:
    snowathlete likes this.
  13. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    When I voted, we were 469 votes behind 3rd place. In the last approximately 24 hours we have received 75 fewer votes than the birds.
  14. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    And yet our vote is up 300 on yesterday, by my count. Everybody's putting their best effort in!
  15. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    We also need to remember that every vote we cast is also another chance in the draw for $5000. Someone looked at the numbers, and posted elsewhere that it looks like a 1/3 chance if the birds maintain their lead and we didn't win the voted prize.
    snowathlete and Little Bluestem like this.
  16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    That's a good point. At the end of the contest, the top three winners' votes will be removed - which at the moment, would be 100,000 votes removed from a total of 270,000, leaving 170,000 - and then three more charities are drawn for a $5k prize, with their chances proportional to their vote. At the moment, we've got 19,000 votes. If things remain in proportion, we'd have a 19/170 chance (=1/9) on each of three draws of getting $5k.

Still far better to guarantee it by coming third - but now we can keep two reasons in mind for racking up the votes!
    snowathlete and helen41 like this.
  17. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    • REACH FOR THE RAINBOW ONTARIO 47646
    • Alberta Animal Rescue Crew Society 44900
    • MOUNTAINAIRE AVIAN RESCUE SOCIETY 22075
    • NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK 21217
    :(:(
  18. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    Please keep on voting. It is not over until...the fat lady sings!
    Besides, we can still win $5,000 with the 3 draws at the end.
    helen41, snowathlete and Sasha like this.
  19. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I will keep on voting but something is definitely going on - wish I knew what:(
  20. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I just voted, and sent out the reminder email. We've got a good chance of winning one of those bonus prices.
    helen41 and Sasha like this.

See more popular forum discussions.