1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vote just once, from anywhere, for Invest in ME to win £2,000

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Bob, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Outstanding!

Yes, we need new voters to pile in and keep us there.

2. Battery Muncher

Battery Muncher Senior Member

Wow, that's amazing!

Well done to all involved - that is a phenomenal effort. Just got to maintain that lead now :)

Bob and snowathlete like this.
  3. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Gak - bit of a surge from the competition and we're back in second, by nine votes: it's 851 vs 842.

We need more people!

4. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Sasha likes this.
  5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Although we're lagging, that's an impressive shedload of votes we've got, considering that you can only vote once from the same house, basically. In the days of voting for WPI in the Chase contest, weren't we only getting something like 1,000/day? And that was the whole community all excited about WPI. So we're not far off that, for a contest that is much smaller and hasn't yet had much publicity, for a charity that probably isn't as well-known internationally. And it's still very early days.

I find this encouraging!

snowathlete and Bob like this.
  6. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're just 30 votes behind first place - our 969 to their 999.

So if you haven't voted yet, please do it now! Quick and easy.

snowathlete likes this.
  7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're only 7 votes behind now! Their 1,066 to our 1,059.

It's within reach! Please vote now if you haven't already - the link is in my signature. :)

Bob and snowathlete like this.
  8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're back in first place, just! :thumbsup:

Our 1,112 to their 1,088 - that's just 24 votes in it - please vote, if you haven't already, and tell your friends!

9. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're storming now - 1,166 to their 1,123 - 43 votes ahead. :)

By no means safe, though, it's early days in the contest - please vote if you haven't already!

snowathlete, Merry, Bob and 1 other person like this.
  10. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Still in first! Our 1,228 to their 1,172 - that is, 56 votes ahead.

Not voted yet? Got any more friends/family who would vote?

snowathlete likes this.
  11. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Can't believe the Weimaraners are (were?) in third place yesterday - I mean I love the breed - my pic - but how'd they get over 500 votes?

12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    They're listed as having 380 votes today and are in 6th place. Do you think they've had some votes disqualified?

13. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Don't know but they had over 500 yesterday?? I only noticed the number as I had the breed for many years before I got ill.

14. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    Current results
    • Invest in ME 1264 Votes
    • Breakaway Visits 1187 Votes
    • Chelsea's Angels 941 Votes

Merry, snowathlete, Bob and 1 other person like this.
  15. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    We're in first and have pulled further ahead - our 1,306 to second place's 1,200 so we're 106 in front at the moment.

That can all change, though, so we need to pile on the votes! If you haven't voted yet, please do (follow the link in my signature).

Given that this is a single-vote exercise, I think it will be interesting to see how many votes we get in total. We don't have a very good idea of the size of our voting community at this point in time. It's my hope that it's still building!

16. PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown Senior Member

UK
    Well not really, because those 250,000 are not defined by a neurological illness criteria, they are defined by idiopathic fatigue lasting at least 4-6 months, without PEM being mandatory or inclusive (Even if one uses the 1994 Fukuda Criteria), without tilt table tests, without fMRI's, without spinal taps, and without comprehensive immune assays.

17. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I am worried about third place, because over the last couple of days they have got lots more votes than us, so we really need to push hard if we want to stay in first place. If we dont then we will likely be in second place tomorrow or the next day, and we dont want that to happen, so make sure you facebook it, send out emails to friends and family etc. It makes a big difference and its a one-off vote rather than daily so i think people will do it for us if we ask them too.

Sasha likes this.
  18. Purple

Purple Bundle of purpliness

Merry and Sasha like this.
  19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Delighted to say we're still in first place - I was a bit scared I'd wake up this morning and we'd have slipped! The top three have 1,335, 1,237 and 1,128 votes, respectively.

So we're not safe but we're doing well for now - but at any time we could get overtaken! The contest runs for another two weeks so if you haven't voted, or have friends who haven't voted, please get them to do it now. :)

Battery Muncher likes this.
  20. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Really happy to say that we've pulled even further ahead: We're 1,383; 2nd is 1,246; and the Chelsea thing is 1,214.

So we're leading by 137. :balloons:

We've got to maintain it, though - we're not safe, by any means, and there are two more votes to go.

If you haven't voted, please vote now and tell your friends!

See more popular forum discussions.