• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

vote in 2012 Citgo Fueling Good contest

frenchtulip

Great job with this thread!

I worry we may not have enough votes to help two org's to win. When PANDORA won, they were the only ME/CFS org in the race. When CFS Knowledge Center won, they were the only ME/CFS org competing. It would certainly be wonderful if we could find enough votes for both to win!!!

Merry

Great job with this thread!

I worry we may not have enough votes to help two org's to win. When PANDORA won, they were the only ME/CFS org in the race. When CFS Knowledge Center won, they were the only ME/CFS org competing. It would certainly be wonderful if we could find enough votes for both to win!!!

Hi, frenchtulip. I agree with you. With only 100-125 votes coming in a day from the ME/CFS community (voters include those who are ill and their family and friends), a strategy to split that vote would mean that neither ME/CFS organization would have a chance.

1249 is the vote total at the moment. The contest ends November 28th, a month from now. If you haven't voted, it's not too late to make a difference in the contest. (Not that I'm under the illusion that more than a handful of people will read this, and they are people who have been voting all along. :()

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
(Not that I'm under the illusion that more than a handful of people will read this, and they are people who have been voting all along. :()
I have been wondering how to get this to the attention of more members. I think there are some who would vote if they knew about it. I put it in my User Status, but it will disappear from the User Status Updates on the main Forums page the next time someone updates their status. Would it be considered ‘spamming’ to put a post about the contest in the General ME/CFS News and/or Community Lounge forums?

Merry

Hi, Bluestem. I suggest you ask a moderator or administrator about posting in a forum other than Fundraising. You could start a new thread -- with a catchy title? -- in Fundraising to try to drum up support for this contest.

Low participation has been a problem in all the contests to raise money for ME/CFS organizations. I suppose that right now some people who voted in the Chase contest, with the potential for big money, aren't willing to vote in Citgo contest because of voter fatigue.

Anyway, I do appreciate your help. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to brainstorm. I am, however, leaving PR for today. Bedtime.

Little Bluestem

I assumed that the people who read the Fundraising forum would have read one of the related thread by now. A catchy title might get the attention of those, like myself, who just click ’What’s New?’. Nothing catchy is occurring to me right now.

As little time as it takes to vote, I wouldn’t think that people would get voter fatigue; but then I only have a moderate case of ME/CFS.

I have sent a PM (or started a conversation or whatever) to one of the moderators who is currently online.

Merry

I assumed that the people who read the Fundraising forum would have read one of the related thread by now. A catchy title might get the attention of those, like myself, who just click ’What’s New?’. Nothing catchy is occurring to me right now.

As little time as it takes to vote, I wouldn’t think that people would get voter fatigue; but then I only have a moderate case of ME/CFS.

I have sent a PM (or started a conversation or whatever) to one of the moderators who is currently online.

"Voter fatigue" I was thinking of as an attitude. Psychological, if you will. I can't say how level of dysfunction is tied to participation in ME/CFS fundraising efforts.

Of course the cognitive problems so many ME/CFS people suffer from present challenges. Difficulty getting organized to carry out tasks, difficulty focusing and remembering, difficulty reading.

No, I can't think of a catchy title either to draw attention to the contest.

*GG*

Little Bluestem

Of course the cognitive problems so many ME/CFS people suffer from present challenges. Difficulty getting organized to carry out tasks, difficulty focusing and remembering, difficulty reading.
Uhm, yeah. Somehow I failed to vote yesterday. :oops:

Little Bluestem