• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote Daily To Help Blue Ribbon Foundation Win $50K For Medical Fellowships For ME

Bob

Be careful, because if you vote multiple times then it's considered gaming the system which is banned by the rules, and Ryan can be disqualified if gaming is suspected.

We don't provide our email addresses so the website doesn't know what they are. If using a single internet connection for multiple devices then that connection is identified by an IP address, so a website can identify that use are using the same internet connection even if you are using different devices. But that doesn't seem to be what's going on here because people are able to use different browsers to vote.

I'm not familiar with Apple systems, but if an iphone and mac are linked by your Apple ID then perhaps the browser data and cookies are sycned across devices? I'm not sure. But that could be why it can identify a single user from multiple Apple devices.

As someone said, you can use a different browser, or an easy way to do it is simply to use privacy mode (i.e. a private browsing session) on your regular browser because it doesn't retain any browser data or cookies after you close the private browsing session. It automatically deletes cookies.

Clear as mud to the non-techies?

Hutan

Here's the latest daily voting tracking. We are sustaining a much higher level of daily votes than in previous weeks - an awesome increase.

24Aug daily voting.png

And here's the comparison of total votes with the two other leading charities in the Leadership category. You can see that we have pulled away from the pigeon people but the wildlife people have increased their daily voting.

Aug24 daily comp.png

Bob

I have not been keeping up - if the blue people beat the woodlands people, blue automatically wins $50k?
No. If we get the most votes in the category then we will go through to the judging round. (We're in the 'leadership' category.) Then one overall winner will be chosen by judges based mainly on subjective criteria, which we can't do anything to influence, and they will be awarded $50,000 to their chosen charity. The winners of each of the cartridges, also chosen by the judge's, will also be awarded $5,000 each. (That's if my memory is working correctly, but it's notoriously unreliable, so please don't trust me on this!)

Edited to correct some details.

Last edited:

Hutan

No. We will win $5,000 and go through to the judging round if we come top of our category in votes. (We're in the 'leadership' category.) Then the overall winner will be chosen by judges based mainly on subjective criteria, which we can't do anything to influence. (That's if my memory is working correctly, but it's notoriously unreliable, so please don't trust me on this!)

I think even the $5000 category win is determined only in part by the voting and mostly by the judges. But, having the highest number of votes in our category (Leadership) will help a lot to put us in the running for both the category and overall ($50,000) prize.

I think they may tell a little story of an intergalactic journey and the return home again! :) Like an emoji novella!
Returning home to a warm fire, cookies, flowers, puppies and ... slugs?

Bob

Returning home to a warm fire, cookies, flowers, puppies and ... slugs?
Yes, that's the unexpected plot twist. They were alien killer slugs :sluggish::sluggish::sluggish: :eek: that had been undetected stow-aways on the space ship. The eggs hatched at home :sluggish::sluggish::sluggish::depressed: What happened next? Did the traveller have a stock-pike of salt at home? Did the doggy survive? Tune in to the next episode to find out!!! :nervous::nervous::nervous:

:)

Last edited:

Bob

I think even the $5000 category win is determined only in part by the voting and mostly by the judges. But, having the highest number of votes in our category (Leadership) will help a lot to put us in the running for both the category and overall ($50,000) prize.
Oh, yes, I've just rechecked the details and you're correct. Thanks for pointing that out. I'd totally misinterpreted that aspect of the competition. I've corrected my previous post.

So it means that voting unfortunately doesn't guarantee any prize money.

Gingergrrl

Yes, that's the unexpected plot twist. They were alien killer slugs :sluggish::sluggish::sluggish: :eek: that had been undetected stow-aways on the space ship. The eggs hatched at home :sluggish::sluggish::sluggish::depressed: What happened next? Did the traveller have a stock-pike of salt at home? Did the doggy survive? Tune in to the next episode to find out!!! :nervous::nervous::nervous:

:)

@Bob Wow, a sub-story within our thread to follow... I am definitely on the edge of my seat for the latest episode... Am voting for the doggie to survive the alien killer slugs... :sluggish:...:dog:... :fire:... :rocket:.... :dog:... :fish:

The fish is the plot twist but not quite sure how it figures into the story yet...

Hutan

Platoons of piranhas were instrumental in the attack on the slugs?

..........................................:fish::fish::fish:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:fish::fish::fish:
..............................:fish::fish::fish:
~~~~~~~~~~~:fish::fish::fish:
................:fish::fish::fish:
:sluggish: :fish::fish::fish:
~~~~~~~:fish::fish::fish:
.....................:fish::fish::fish:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~:fish::fish::fish:
....................................:fish::fish::fish:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:fish::fish::fish:

Last edited: