• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vote Daily To Help Blue Ribbon Foundation Win $50K For Medical Fellowships For ME

Hutan

Vote on multiple devices!!
(Umm, I'm not sure that you can do that on your own multiple devices. The voting is limited to one per email address per 24 hours. I don't know how that works exactly but my lap top and phone are linked to the same email address. Maybe someone tech savvy can clarify?

I think, safer to sit your spouse/friend/random stranger down, and target them with a determined,vaguely threatening look until they have voted on their mobile phone. You could mention slugs...)

Groggy Doggy

(Umm, I'm not sure that you can do that on your own multiple devices. The voting is limited to one per email address per 24 hours. I don't know how that works exactly but my lap top and phone are linked to the same email address. Maybe someone tech savvy can clarify?
I am tech savy with a Windows based computer. So if you are referrring to an iMac and iPhone dependency, then someone else would need to be comment.(Apple savy)

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I was curious re: the above question and I am NOT tech savvy whatsoever and the first to admit it. I tried voting from iMac and iPhone but it only lets me do one device in the allotted time period so it somehow knows they are connected and now I assume it is b/c of the email address? But I am just guessing!

Groggy Doggy

I was curious re: the above question and I am NOT tech savvy whatsoever and the first to admit it. I tried voting from iMac and iPhone but it only lets me do one device in the allotted time period so it somehow knows they are connected and now I assume it is b/c of the email address? But I am just guessing!
I vote daily from both my iPhone and Windows based laptop (they are independant). I don't have a iMac.
On a Windows based laptop, the browser uses a cookie (with a time and date stamp). This is how the 24 hour period is monitored. But theoretically, I could vote, delete the cookie, vote again, delete the cookie...and could follow this process infinitely.

On your iPhone and iMac, can you try another browser to see if it works? Google or Safari?

If your daughter has a phone or notebook, maybe she could join the voting party?

Last edited:

Gingergrrl

I don't know what cookie means or how to find it. I use Chrome as browser on both devices and honestly too afraid to mess with something that is working! So am going to stick with my current system that I know how to use. But maybe others who know more than me could comment?!

Hutan

I was meaning more that we might be skating on thin ice regarding the rules of the competition. If two devices are linked to one email address, then that may contravene the rules in a way that might result in people's votes being disallowed.

You may vote for your favorite by clicking the vote box on the Sponsor’s site www.eaglerarelife.com . Members of the public may vote for multiple stories but only once per story, per 24 hours. Online ballot-box stuffing is not permitted, and subjects all votes from such active email address from being disallowed.

For that reason, I haven't been using multiple devices. Happy to hear otherwise.

Groggy Doggy

I don't know what cookie means or how to find it. I use Chrome as browser on both devices and honestly too afraid to mess with something that is working! So am going to stick with my current system that I know how to use. But maybe others who know more than me could comment?!
I don't mean to delete your cookies. Was suggesting that you could try another browser, like the that comes native with Apple products, called Safari (the icon looks like a compass). I just voted twice on my iPhone, once in Safari and once in Chrome (Google product).

Groggy Doggy

I actually don't know what "delete cookies" means I am that non tech savvy. Am going to bed shortly and for me, it's just easier to keep voting as I have been. All our devices at home are hooked together through iCloud (not by me LOL) so I don't want to mess up any of our shared stuff. Thank you anyway!
Its just clicking on another app icon (the one that says 'Safari'; it looks like a compass). Its a browser made by Apple. Its like clicking on any other app icon (Mail, Weather, Phone, Music, Messages, Photos, Camera,...). The Google app icon has a big "G"; says Google on the bottom. You probably have many icon apps on your iPhone.

So, find the icon that says Safari. Click on it. Then type in the ryan url, and vote. It will take less than one minute. (you don't have to delete anything; you don't have to have any tech knowledge)

Groggy Doggy

I was meaning more that we might be skating on thin ice regarding the rules of the competition. If two devices are linked to one email address, then that may contravene the rules in a way that might result in people's votes being disallowed.

For that reason, I haven't been using multiple devices. Happy to hear otherwise.
You are simply clicking 'vote' There is not a form to enter your email address, so how would the web site get your email address? This is not NSA security or anything like that.;)

Some of us have been voting on multiple devices, with multiple browsers for 2 months.

Just do what you are comfortable with. Its supposed to be a group fun project!!:cake::bow::mug:

Last edited: