1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Voluntary Muscle Activation and Exercise Recovery in CFS - Taub (Master's thesis)

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Couldn't find full text on the net for free (but perhaps some can access it).

2. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    Thanks. I don't really understand this part
    When i first read the title, i was scared that it's another paper that said "you're alright, don't worry". Interesting that at baseline the values were similar, so it seems you really need to do the repeat challenge, to see something with that kind of testing. 9 subjects is of course a bit small a sample size though, i guess. It would be interesting to always also check some other measures if you put people through such a test, i think. Things like NK cell function, mitochondrial function, cell free DNA or whatever...

3. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

I remeber Tessie Tess said some time ago she wanted to make that kind of testing available in Quebec. Maybe she could find some people to help with that where that paper came from...

4. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Hm, wait... Doesn't this contradict what the Pacific Fatigue Lab people have reported
    ?
    I didn't realize this, when i read the text 10 minutes ago, because i just woke up...

5. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I reckon it's the Ellie Stein study. I read somewhere before (piece by Cort?) that they hadn't replicated the Pacific Fatigue Lab study.

6. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

7. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

The MVC bit shows muscle weakness (to an extent) post exertion (as I understand) - but would like to see more info.

8. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
  9. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    They do seem to be rejecting the psychological explanations:

And they seem to be suggesting that this sort of testing could be used as a biomarker for ME/CFS:

See more popular forum discussions.