• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voices from the Shadows - 30 min version free Please Share

I'd heard about Voices from the Shadows but not seen it (only the trailer).
I know there are several threads about it.
On their website a 30 minute version that was screened at Stanford in 2014 is available to watch for free.

I think it is even more relevant now given the current push for even more CBT and GET.

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/

It needs to get more coverage, not just to people with ME.

ps I tried the free vimeo link but doesn't appear to work.
eta: as pointed out below to access the full film you would need to register so best link to the 30min version.

Last edited:

Daisymay

I'd heard about Voices from the Shadows but not seen it (only the trailer).
I know there are several threads about it.
On their website a 30 minute version that was screened at Stanford in 2014 is available to watch for free.

I think it is even more relevant now given the current push for even more CBT and GET.

http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co.uk/

It needs to get more coverage, not just to people with ME.

ps I tried the free vimeo link but doesn't appear to work.

Excellent point, could someone who is twitter literate perhaps post this on twitter? This could be very informative for those scientists and statisticians who have been looking into the flaws in PACE but who may not know so much about the devastating effects of the illness and how people have been treated/abused.

Hajnalka

Hi @slysaint,

Great idea!

Additionally I believe it's always possible to watch the full version for free on Vimeo, if you enter "VOICES" (if I remember correctly?).

Found it interesting (and surprising) to read that the filmmaker is part of the MEGA patient advisory group. I'm critical of MEGA, but if it can't be prevented it's good to know that there are people like her trying to advocate for patients.

Daisymay

Really great to learn about this 30 min version though! Most people I know are not interested enough in ME to create a Vimeo account and enter a code and watch for an hour. So I'll try to hand them the quick link to this version instead. :)

Quite so, many might take the time to watch the short one who wouldn't care enough to watch the long one.

Paralee

I've seen a video on forceful entry in Canada for another illness, too. Maybe it goes on in the US as well.
I can't say what I'm feeling after watching this.