The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Voices:Bristol Uni. both denies and supports Prof Crawley in her career enhancing “heroic vict

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    The above was written in March.............

......................now can you guess who one of the winners is?????????????

:):bang-head:

http://senseaboutscience.org/activities/2017-john-maddox-prize/

Along with Dr Ahmadreza Djalali who has worked improving hospitals’ emergency responses to armed terrorism and radiological, chemical and biological threats and now is under sentence of death in Iran we have

...........pause for drum roll.........................:sluggish::aghhh:

Dr Esther Crawley..............................

How long will it be before the Establishment award her a Damehood?

HowToEscape?, Cornishbird and BS3boy like this.
  2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
  3. RogerBlack

RogerBlack Senior Member

I can certainly state mine was not. I was healthy for at least a year or so prior to onset, and had had no prescribed medications at that time.

MEMum, HowToEscape? and lilpink like this.
  4. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member

Since David Tuller does not have ME/CFS, the question should be, 'What makes some of her supporters assume that it's only ME/CFS patients who are challenging Professor Crawley?"

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    MEMum, Solstice, Countrygirl and 3 others like this.
  5. Large Donner

Large Donner Senior Member

Proven falsehood.

So what, why cant Bristol cough up for it they must have an insurance or other such funds for such things IF THERES A GENUINE CASE!

Person one: X did this very bad thing to me to damage my reputation and is harassing me.

Person two: Well if it fits the legal definition of harassment go to the police.

Person one: Hes an academic and I'm a researcher funded by the tax payer and he keeps asking me for my data and for me to back up my claims as a scientist.

Person two: Ah.

Person one: Thanks for the advice.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    lilpink and Countrygirl like this.
  6. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

And people wonder why there are counter establishment popular movements in both Europe and the United States.

MEMum, lilpink and Countrygirl like this.
  7. HowToEscape?

HowToEscape? Senior Member

Most cases of what?

8. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    CFS. I expect ME, as in the outbreak at Royal Free Hospital, is mostly a result of a rare type of fungi which only causes serious and long term health problems in a small number of people. Symptoms in the Royal Free outbreak are similar, but not as bad, as ergot poisioning. That fungi can cause serious health problems is well documented in animal health. It's a great shame that human medical science is so narrow minded that they appear to know nothing about animal health. As for adverse drug reactions....consider when the term "yuppie flu" first started to be mentioned in the media. Then add when the widespread use of the new wonder drug Prozac began. There is research to show that Prozac and other Serotonin Realease Agents cause what looks like CFS in rodents. Paracetamol is also a mild serotonin release agent. Not a lot of people know that. I apply this to "most cases".

See more popular forum discussions.