The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vogue: We are now glamorous in 'CFS: The Invisible illness affecting millions of women.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:08 PM.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    Our street cred is being ramped up by Vogue.

How about this for an image of us reclining on our beds? :redface:

We are now glamorous models instead of dowdy yawning typists. :wide-eyed::p

Sorry chaps! :angel: your day will come.

Health warning: avoid the last section which informs its readers how to cure the disease. :rolleyes::rofl:

https://www.vogue.in/content/chroni..._content=5DA382DE-5761-1C18-03E6-23E4DCD072C8

[​IMG]

2. shannah

shannah Senior Member

3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    As a male, I feel slighted, and the site wants my Facebook info to look at the article, all set with that!

Would they use the same Title if it was found that 54% women, and only 46% men were afflicted?

GG

4. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member

I'm using Chrome and I've found that if I click on the "X" (STOP) button on the menu bar after an article comes up - but before the sign-in pop-up shows up - then (usually) the pop-up never appears and you can read the article. This may only be possible because my internet connection is slow slow that there is a momentary interval between when the article appear and when the sign-in pop-up appears. It may also be necessary to clear your history first, because that will force the whole page to re-load (hopefully slowly).

I hope that made sense! :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:02 PM
  5. E.man

E.man

Bega Valley , Australia
    Someone slap them for me.

6. mrquasar

mrquasar Senior Member

Houston, TX USA
    I'm not the perpetually offended type, but just imagine if they had said model posing as a cancer or AIDS 'model'. It is obscenely trivializing, but also so ridiculously inane that I will simply laugh it off. :lol:

bspg, HowToEscape?, ash0787 and 4 others like this.
  7. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    :lol:

8. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

the good point is that it may provide us with new glamourous avatars of some sleeping beauties...:lol:

Molly98 and Countrygirl like this.
  9. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

Do we all need to be exposing our left breasts from now on?

I may try this new ME / CFS pose next time I visit my docs, see if it helps to get his attention and treatment. Not sure it will have quite the appeal nor be quite so glamorous from a middle age woman with a belly roll..... or two, in joggers and old cardigan and unwashed and unkempt hair.

JayneM, justy, KME and 2 others like this.
  10. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    As long as you expose just the left breast @Molly98 , he won't look anywhere else.

Maybe this could be the ME community's new symbol? It would really grab the public imagination. Whenever we are on a public demo, or interviewed let the left one hang out. It would get us quite a bit of attention., especially at the Millions Missing events. Mind you, we older ladies should probably leave it to our younger sisters for maximum effect. We don't want to frighten the audience.

justy, *GG*, KME and 2 others like this.
  11. Mithriel

Mithriel Senior Member

Scotland
    Maybe she was putting her top on and got exhausted half way through? And not able to put on a bra at all because that really takes an effort.

JayneM, justy, *GG* and 8 others like this.
  12. KME

KME

Ireland
    Yes, probably because she wasted valuable energy putting those four bangles on her left upper arm after her 12 hour working day! She's forgetting the basic rule of pacing, bra before bangles. Rookie mistake :rolleyes:.

Maybe it’s because her Perrin’s point is so sore??! (I am not endorsing what follows, just making the link as it’s pretty hilarious that this model should be exposing her left breast given another Phoenix Rising conversation today on Perrin's claim that we have left breast tenderness and that this can be used as a diagnostic criterion:

“Participant lying supine: abnormal breast tenderness at the "Perrin’s point", which is a superficial tender area found at around 2–3 cm lateral and superior to the left nipple” http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/perrin-claims-86-success-rate-diagnosing-me-cfs.56137/

Again, I am not endorsing the above theory/technique, just joining in on the fun.

Thanks for giving me a laugh!

justy, Countrygirl and Joh like this.
  13. Molly98

Molly98 Senior Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yes @KME I also thought the Perrin research release was timed to perfection to coincide with the Vogue article with the whole left breast and nipple thingy, surely it can't just be a coincidence? perhaps he has a wife or daughter on the editorial board at Vogue :)

justy likes this.
  14. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    I love the direction of this thread! LOL We really need the Facebook icons of Wow and ha ha :)

GG

justy, Countrygirl and Molly98 like this.
  15. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Weren't you already?

I am right now.

Joh, mrquasar, Molly98 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Forbin

Forbin Senior Member

The photo seems less about "I have a debilitating disease," and more about "Calgon, take me away!"

HowToEscape? and L'engle like this.

See more popular forum discussions.