Dr. Bateman answers IOM questions from the community: Part 2
Clark Ellis brings us Part 2 of an interview with Dr. Lucinda Bateman, where she answered questions posed by the patient community …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Vivonex Elemental Diet Experiences?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by acer2000, Jul 9, 2014.

1. acer2000

acer2000 Senior Member

Has anyone tried the Vivonex Elemental diet to deal with small intestinal bacteria overgrowth (SIBO)? Are there any side effects? I know that it supposedly starves the bad bacteria in the small intestine, but what effect does it have on the good bacteria? Anyone know?
  2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

vivonex or tolerex.....looking to maybe try this for a week or 2 to get rid of SIBO....but wondering about the possible dangers with CFS/weight loss....and even if i can do it.

has anyone tried this?

brain fog is such a big problem for me
  3. sscobalt93

sscobalt93 Senior Member

@Daffodil have you been tested for SIBO? This diet is very dangerous and the Vivonex ingredients are not what I would consider healthy by any means. If you are certain you have SIBO you could go on a low FODMAP diet and use peppermint oil enertic capsules. Heres a protocol: http://fixyourgut.com/treatment-of-gerd-protocol-1-sibo/

Brain fog can be from many things. Excess ammonia comes to mind. It can also be from methylation, parasites, low iron, many things.

You didn't even mention abdomial pain/bloating. Which makes me wonder why you think its sibo causing your brain fog. We need more information to be able to help.
    JPV likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.