• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamin infusion treatment for immune and nerves system

joe12

I am considering to find some doctor to get this treatment with b100, b12, maybe glutathione, vitamin c, and other things because I am kind of weak, my immune system is not good, inflamed and get infections and side effects for a long time, and my nerves hurt in my face, around my eyes. I've heard b12 is good and vitamin c, but don't know how good to repair and regenerate. Its hard to find a doctor that does this thou and it can be expensive, so I just wonder what the real value is, how much it tends to help people, and what other vitamins or compounds to consider. Thanks.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
Hello Joe12.

About your IV Vitamin idea, Is this something along the lines of a Myer's Cocktail?
http://www.compmed.umm.edu/IV-infusions/

If so I would ask not to have a (blood thinner) inside if that's indicated as a possible component, as some people can react badly to it.

We are all adults and can make our own choices, however, I would only personally have one, if I had proven significant vitamin deficiencies that you know will take a while to build up on, or may not elevate much if your stomach cannot process the tablets via your gut via some kind of malabsorption problem.

If you have blood tests that show you're really deficient, and you can afford to have it carried out safely by a good quality doctor/nurse then why not? Certainly if it makes you feel better and you don't mind having an IV stuck in your arm, then it's your choice and if it helps, then great. On that basis, if a celebrity rock singer can have one who is perfectly healthy, then depleted people should be able to have one too.

I'd just look at it in a balanced way. What are the claims of the therapy, would it work in your individual case, and can you get it done in a safe manner by people who know what they're doing?

For example, if you had very high oxidative stress levels, then you could say yes, IV Vitamin C should decrease oxidative stress etc etc.

Hope that helps,

All the best.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I have just finished 6 weeks of IV vitamins (similar to Myers cocktail containing Vit C b vits, magnesium and Co Q 10 and others) with two doses of Glutathione added as well. 3 times weekly for 6 weeks.

I didn't expect to have any immediate benefits, but I certainly did. I have had noticeable inflammation for years causing enlarged lymph nodes behind the head which went soft for the first time in 7 years. I have also had severe rectal pain for two years which makes it hard to sit. After the first week of treatments the pain went away entirely and two months later has only flared up a little.

When I went to the clinic (it is in another country) I was mainly in bed all day and could no longer stand up for long enough to cook a meal very often, in fact I doubted if I was well enough for the journey. Two weeks after returning home I had two months of quite good functional improvements. Able to cook every day, even at times just for fun. I was able to do some hovering for the first time in over a year and went out more than usual - a couple of times I took my wheelchair but just pushed it around as I didn't need to get in it.

Unfortunately the improvements haven't continued. I don't know if its because I overdid it or because a new treatment has really knocked me for six, but ive been pretty bad for the past week or so - back to bed most days and unable t cook again.

If I had the chance to do it again I certainly would.